Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Electrical Engineering Leadership Development Program (New Grad - Various Locations)
Job ID CHQ20222906-85634
What makes a successful early career professional at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Problem Solver
- Technologically Savvy
I completed two summer internships at L3Harris before transitioning to a full-time role. I was able to learn firsthand about the engineering process, the quality of products produced, the helpfulness of my co-workers, how the company operates and the potential to expand my career.Jason, Electrical Engineer, Rochester, NY
L3Harris Work Perks
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 47,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Electrical Engineering Leadership Development Program (New Grad – Various Locations)
Job ID: CHQ20222906-85634
Job Location: Various
The Engineering Leadership Development Program (ELDP) is a challenging 3-year rotational program created to accelerate the development of highly qualified, motivated engineers by exposing them to different program types, business units, geographic locations and elements of the design life cycle. Participants are also paired with a mentor to guide their development through the program. Additionally, participants will have access to education assistance, robust training, and cross-functional engagement to accelerate their career growth. Some elements of the job include:
- Determine design approaches and parameters
- Perform system analysis to determine feasibility of design within time and cost constraints
- Utilize modeling tools and equipment to establish operating data, conduct experimental tests, and evaluate results
- Select components and equipment based on analysis of specifications and reliability
- Perform simulations and present design reviews to peer engineers
- Write scripts to control synthesis and build tools
- Design, analyze, modify, test and evaluate FPGA and programmable hardware
- Design complex Circuit Card Assemblies to support Avionics and Space customer’s photonic subsystems and integrated communication systems
- Digital Design requires programmable logic, VHDL language and digital communications systems knowledge
- Modem Design (including SATCOM, wireless, cellular and software defined radios) requires knowledge of digital communications systems, waveform generation and signal processing, FPGA design (in VHDL) and familiarity with Digital Signal Processors chips
- DSP design positions require knowledge of digital signal processing techniques, algorithm development, software coding and simulation/modeling using MATLAB
- RF/Microwave Device testing and evaluation including s-parameter, large signal load pull characterization as well as modulated signal measurements
- Must have familiarity with common commercial RF design and analysis tools to design and analyze RF circuits and systems (i.e. ADS, HFSS, CST, MATLAB, etc)
- Determine design approaches and parameters. Analyze electrical requirements to determine feasibility of design within time and cost constraints. Analyze equipment to establish operating data, conducts experimental tests and evaluates results
Hardware Design Verification
- Design and modify tests to verify the operational state of various L3Harris products and accessories
- Test, analyze, and evaluate the requirements compliance of L3 Harris hardware products
- Utilize tools such as network analyzers and LabVIEW
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Electrical & Computer Engineering, or related field
- GPA of 3.0 or greater
- Willingness to relocate every 12 months
- Knowledge and/or experience with VHDL, Verilog, FPGA, MCM, HFSS, Network, Power, Analog, Antennas, Controls, ENE, RF, Photonics, Modem, EDA, DSP, MATLAB, Communication Systems,
- Excellent communication, technical writing and presentation skills
- Knowledge of FRED, Matlab, Python
- Knowledge of and/or understanding circuit analysis and operational concepts
- Familiarity with various computing environments (LINUX/Windows)
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.