Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Director, Cyber Intelligence
Job ID CS20222809-91114
What makes a successful Business and Operations team member at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
My favorite part of working for L3Harris is knowing that the parts that I procure go into products that help save lives.Lizzie, Procurement Associate, Rochester, NY
L3Harris Work Perks
- Medical with a High Deductible and traditional PPO plan options, as well as, vision and a full array of supplemental health benefits
- A doctors' service to help with referrals and second opinions for you, your family, and parents
- 4 weeks of paid parental leave for moms and dads
- Fertility treatment
- Subsidized backup childcare and eldercare
- Adoption assistance - $5,000 per adoption/$15,000 per employee
- Pet insurance
- No cap to your PTO time (for exempt employees)
- Dress for your day - wear what works for you at work
- Legal plan for you, your family, and parents
- Discount platform
- 9/80 work schedule available for most U.S. employees, effective October 24, 2022.
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 47,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Director, Cyber-Intelligence
Job ID: CS20222809-91114
Job Location: Remote
L3Harris Public Safety and Professional Communication (PSPC) is seeking a Cybersecurity Architect to lead the cybersecurity aspects of product development. This leader will be responsible for defining system and component architectures to ensure the security of PSPC products and systems. This leader is also responsible for maintaining and advancing PSPC’s Secure Software Development Life Cycle (S-SDLC) processes as well leading cybersecurity skills development within the product development organization.
In collaboration with the VP of Engineering and Technology, this leader will represent L3Harris PSPC at industry conferences and customer events with a focus on cybersecurity process and technology leadership.
This position reports directly to the VP of Engineering and Technology.
- Responsible for the Product Security program and managing the Product Security team
- Overseeing Vulnerability Management for all products
- Overseeing Governance, Risk, and Compliance for all solutions, including FIPS compliance
- Managing the Secure Development Lifecycle (SDL) for all solutions, from requirements inception, to implementation, to deployment, to patching
- Managing and coordinating the implementation of the SDL tools (i.e., SCA, SAST, DAST, Nessus, STIGs)
- Overseeing security assessments and threat modeling for L3Harris and 3rd party products to identify threat attack vectors, assess the risk, and design appropriate security controls
- Balancing the needs of the business with security requirements and prioritizing security requirements based on the risk to the business
- Developing and implementing security policies and standards spanning multiple security domains (i.e., authentication, authorization, encryption, logging) to improve the SDL and Product Security program
- Acting as a security subject matter expert (SME) and providing Cybersecurity leadership to other teams in the organization
- Overseeing the architecture and implementation of security dashboards, processes, procedures, training, and documentation to promote the Product Security program
- Overseeing a coordinated vulnerability disclosure program and the release of Information Security Notifications (ISNs) to customers
- BS in Computer Science
- Minimum 10 years’ experience delivering complex, connected systems to market.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience developing and delivering software through a Secure Software Development Life Cycle.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience working with systems of IP connected devices.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in an externally-facing role.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- MS in Computer Science or similar degree.
- Active participation in technical communities.
- CSSLP or CISSP Certification
- Experience with Common Weakness Enumerations (CWE), Common Vulnerabilities and Exposures (CVE), and the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS)
- Experience with the DREAD and STRIDE threat / risk methodologies
- Experience with the Microsoft Threat Modeling tool and other threat modeling tools (i.e., Threat Modeler)
- Knowledge of security frameworks and standards (i.e., NIST, FISMA, FedRAMP, FIPS, ISO, GDPR )
- Experience with SDL tools (i.e., SAST, SCA, DAST, PEN Testing, Container Scanning, etc.)
- Experience with defect tracking systems (i.e., Version One, Clear Quest, Jira, etc.)
- Experience with C, Java, .NET, C#, Python, SQL, HTML5, and other programming languages
- Experience with REST and SOAP APIs
- Experience with cloud security (i.e., AWS, Azure)
- Technical certifications that are considered an asset but not required: CISSP, CSSLP, CEH, Security
- The ability to decompose complex system designs and produce security requirements
- The ability to articulate the security risk to the business based on the threat exposure
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.