Sales & Business Development Manager - C5ISR
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title – Sales & Business Development Manager - C5ISR
Job Location – Tewkesbury or Fleet, UK with home working available plus travel
Job ID – SAS20210104-59007
About the role:
We are seeking a Sales & Business Development Manager - C5ISR to join our Sales & Business Development department as part of our Intelligence & Cyber International EMEA division. The role will report to our Head Sales and BD - Defence and be responsible for the BD and Sales activities in the allocated regions and portfolios, to achieve defined annual order intake targets and profitability in line with the divisional Annual Operating Plan (AOP) and published strategy.
The role will require domestic and international travel up to 60% of the time.
Responsibilities of the role:
- Closing opportunities as well as further developing and building the orders pipeline within the defined area of responsibility.
- Identifying and growing new routes to market: leading customer market towards the ICI EMEA Strategy, cultivating effective industry partnerships, developing new market opportunities and closing prospects or defined opportunities.
- Maintaining current and building new relationships with the customer and key stakeholders, including facilitating wider ICI EMEA team engagement.
- Grow Customer Funded Development (CFD) opportunities in current & new areas, leading to the funding of current technology roadmaps, new product streams and wider business prospects.
- Work with the Programmes & Engineering departments to ensure ICI EMEA has the best, most profitable response to customer needs; fully supporting the development and implementation of strategy, providing key inputs to product planning decisions by articulating market pull and customer requirements.
- Accountable for systematically analysing the market, customers and competitors in a defined region so as to deliver a highly accurate, rolling 5 year divisional order forecast and prospect pipeline.
- Develop and maintain respective KPIs relating to order forecast accuracy, win rate and opportunity pipeline effectiveness.
- Work with the Head of Business Development and Sales - Defence in developing and building the pipeline in all markets.
- Support and manage defined customer Accounts to grow the Account revenue.
Experience & Skills:
- Proven and demonstrable experience in the defence and security industry (or relevant military service or government experience) developing business winning campaigns and effective capture plans to close complex prospects
- Strong understanding of defence and security customers, the market dynamics and requirements, in particular those operating in the C5ISR space.
- Experience of situational awareness, communications interoperability, counter UAS capability and general knowledge of operational tactical architectures.
- Closing sales opportunities of circa £5-10m as well as further developing and building the orders pipeline.
- Ability to operate a market driven approach including market assessment, market analysis and strategic relationship building.
- International and domestic experience with the appreciation of cultural diversity and sensitivity.
- Ability to build and maintain a network of contacts spanning the domain of interest.
- Knowledge of current (and future) defence and security capability acquisition programmes and the associated procurement processes.
- Effective relationship management, negotiating and interpersonal skills with a proven ability to interact and lead internal and external senior customers across all levels.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance relevant to the country of the position. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws.