Wiring Assembly C 1
Tulsa, OklahomaJob ID 9025
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 50,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Wiring Assembly
Job Code: 9025
Job Location: Tulsa, OK (On-Site)
Job Schedule: 9/80
The Wiring Assembler is responsible for the assembly and wiring of parts, sub-assemblies and end items per schedule, in accordance with shop orders, instructions, data and documentation provided. Responsible for performing a wide variety of electronic or electro-mechanical assembly operations which may include skilled hand work or utilizing automated production equipment.
- Perform assembly and wiring operations, set-up and start to completion of assembly and wiring of sub-assemblies and end items in accordance with data, documentation and instructions provided.
- Must maintain required records in an accurate and timely manner and be capable of performing repairs and modifications to equipment installed in the field (at customer’s facility) in accordance with instructions provided.
- Must have a working knowledge of Mil Specs as applicable to workmanship.
- Must follow and understand all rules of EH&S, Quality, DCMA, OSHA, and MSDS.
- Communicate with team members for the efficient and quality production of each unit.
- Must be able to work overtime at a short notice, including Saturdays/Sundays.
- Comprehends and interprets a variety of technical specifications, terms and documents.
- Determines and/or follows methods and sequence of operations in performing wiring, component installation, hand soldering and cable harnessing on assembly units.
- Makes setups and adjustments holding tolerances to blueprint specifications.
- Must be proficient at point-to-point wiring.
- Must be able to read and comprehend such data and documentation as commonly employed by the company as detail work instructions, process sheets with reference drawings.
- Must be able to stand, stoop, kneel, and bend.
- Must be able to work on stepladders.
- Must have physical strength to lift up to 50 lbs. with or without assistance, have normal vision or corrected with eyeglasses or contact lenses.
- Work is performed in a shop environment.
- Must have a working knowledge of tools, measuring and test equipment, wire cutting tools, crimpers, luggers, strippers, ferruling tools, impact wrenches/drills, drill motors, plug gauges, thread gauges, depth gauges, calipers, pressure gauges, micrometers, torque wrenches and ohmmeter.
- Must have the ability to work without close supervision.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DoD Clearance.
- Perform other duties within incumbent’s abilities.
- Requires a High School Diploma or equivalent and a minimum of six (6) years of prior Wiring Assembly experience or 2 years post-Secondary/Associates Degree with a minimum of two (2) years of prior Wiring Assembly experience.
- Requires five (5) years minimum experience working on electrical equipment.
- Must be a US Citizen.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.