Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Tulsa, OklahomaJob ID IMS20212210-71465
What makes a successful Business and Operations team member at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
My favorite part of working for L3Harris is knowing that the parts that I procure go into products that help save lives.Lizzie, Procurement Associate, Rochester, NY
L3Harris Work Perks
- Medical with a High Deductible and traditional PPO plan options, as well as, vision and a full array of supplemental health benefits
- A doctors' service to help with referrals and second opinions for you, your family, and parents
- 4 weeks of paid parental leave for moms and dads
- Fertility treatment
- Subsidized backup childcare and eldercare
- Adoption assistance - $5,000 per adoption/$15,000 per employee
- Pet insurance
- No cap to your PTO time (for exempt employees)
- Dress for your day - wear what works for you at work
- Legal plan for you, your family, and parents
- Discount platform
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Welder D
Job Location: Tulsa, OK
Highly developed support individual contributor. Works autonomously. May act as a mentor to lower level peers and provide guidance on tasks. Makes recommendations for solutions. Works on assignments requiring judgment and initiative.
Essential Job Duties:
- Must qualify to weld in accordance with the Inert-Gas Shielded Metal Arc Process (TIG) for Aluminum, and/or (MIG/TIG) Mild and/or Stainless Steel as required to support specific product lines.
- Must be capable of qualifying and welding in accordance with company standards, and Military standards S9074-AR-GIB-101/278 and MIL-STD-22D.
- Responsible for preparing parts and materials per company's welding procedure to insure proper welding of the materials.
- Analyzes engineering drawings and specifications to plan layout, fit up, and welding operations of structures.
- Skilled in the use of measuring tools or instruments, as provided and appropriate, to assure accuracy in dimensions of work in process.
- Must be able to work for sustained periods of time in the standing position, be capable of reading, comprehending and complying with Work Instruction Process Sheets and Blueprints.
- Must have a working knowledge of welding equipment controls for both processing and safety.
- Must be able to effectively utilize fixtures, jigs, grinders and clamps, as provided for effective positioning, holding and material preparation of parts to be welded.
- Must have the ability to work without close supervision.
- Must be capable of assisting peers or Welder B's as required.
- Weld correct weld procedure as instructed on drawing.
- Must be able to hold all dimensions on drawing within tolerances, ensure parts are straight and square when completed, allow for shrinkage control, prepare parts and material as required.
- Must maintain a clean and safe work environment by following all safety regulations.
- Perform other duties within incumbent's or Welder B's abilities.
- Requires highly developed job knowledge/skills. Requires a High School Diploma or equivalent and a minimum of 8 years of prior relevant experience, or 2 years post-Secondary/Associates Degree with a minimum of 4 years of prior related experience.
- 5 years experience welding aluminum and/or steel in a manufacturing environment in accordance to Military Standards, or similar standards.
- Experience may be a combination of work experience and schooling.
- Must have knowledge of basic Math (add, subtract, multiply, and divide), be able to read and comprehend written material, be able to understand and follow verbal instructions, be able to lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
- Requires bending, stooping, twisting, reaching, turning, and pushing/pulling of heavy parts, standing or walking 80% of the time, ability to see with or without corrective lenses.
- Requires working overtime as needed.
MUST PASS APPLICABLE WELD TESTS (WPS) PRIOR TO HIRE.
MUST TAKE L3Harris WELDER WORKMANSHIP TRAINING WITHIN 30 DAYS AFTER HIRE.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.