On the L3Harris team, your job is to secure the world. We don’t work here just for the advanced technology and equipment: We work here because we know what – and who – we’re protecting. From families to the intelligence community, and from our climate to our men and women in uniform – we’re making the world a safer place. Working with the L3Harris's engineering team, you'll join our team of qualified, diverse individuals and work in a fast-paced environment with high expectations, global scope, and a collaborative team setting.
- FULL TIME
- LEVEL: VARIES
- TRAVEL: NONE
What makes a successful Systems Engineer at L3Harris? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Problem Solver
Flexible work schedule, paid overtime, cool technology, no micromanagement, nice campus, fun co-workersSystems Engineer
L3Harris Work Perks
Dress for your day
Adoption Cost Benefit
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Systems Engineer
Job Code: IMS20202904-44977
Job Location: Tulsa, Oklahoma (Aeromet)
- Responsible for planning, organizing, managing, and scheduling of engineering activities throughout projects.
- Must be capable of interpreting and analyzing customer documents and needs, defining the system-level architecture, and allocating subsystem requirements.
- Performs system-level analyses, determines necessary trade studies, defines, and allocates the functional requirements to the subsystem engineering staff
- Serves as the central technical interface to the various disciplines (PM, Engineering, Operators, Customers, Software Developers)
- With assistance from the various engineering disciplines, position is responsible for preparing technical presentations for both internal reviews and customer reviews.
- Develop Software, Integrates Software and performs Verification and Validation.
- Position includes design and development, integration and test, and documentation
- The successful candidate will have good communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- The qualified candidate should be skilled in the use of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, MS Project, or similar tools
- Background with C / C++ / VC++
- Familiarity with software lifecycle process.
- Familiarity with software patterns and/or modern design methodology.
- Object-Oriented Design and Analysis
- Software requirements development experience
- Test Procedure development
- Hardware communications interfacing experience
- Containerization (i.e. Docker, Kubernetes) experience is a plus.
- Bachelor’s Degree (Systems Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or Computer Engineering preferred) and minimum 4 years of prior relevant experience or a Graduate Degree and a minimum of 2 years of prior related experience
- Applicant must have a willingness to relocate to the Tulsa, OK area.
- Applicant must have or be able to obtain and maintain a Department of Defense security clearance.
- The essential physical requirements of the position will be reviewed with the applicant during the interview.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.