Sr. Engineering Manager
Tulsa, OklahomaJob ID IMS20211304-59628
On the L3Harris team, your job is to secure the world. We don’t work here just for the advanced technology and equipment: We work here because we know what – and who – we’re protecting. From families to the intelligence community, and from our climate to our men and women in uniform – we’re making the world a safer place. Working in Software with L3Harris you'll join our team of qualified, diverse individuals and work in a fast-paced environment with high expectations, global scope, and a collaborative team setting.
What makes a successful Engineer at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Critical Thinker
- Detail Oriented
I love my job because every day there’s a new problem to tackle, a new skill to learn and an awesome team that has my back.Heather S., Engineer
L3Harris Work Perks
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Sr. Engineering Manager
We are currently seeking a Sr. Engineering Manager for our Tulsa, OK location.
The Engineering Manager's primary responsibility will be to lead the MPS-TUL Engineering department. This position will align functionally with division engineering leadership and will work closely with corporate engineering leadership to secure optimal processes and resources are applied at MPS-TUL. Position will matrix report into site business leadership and must be able to influence and work as change agent to optimize work and performance of MPS-TUL Engineering team.
- Lead and direct experienced multi-discipline engineering professionals, lower level supervisors, and associate managers in the design and qualification of Switchboards, Panel Boards, and other electromechanical equipment for Navy ships.
- Communicate within and outside of organization to explain and influence changes to policies, practices, or approaches. Make significant improvements in processes, systems, or products. Establish short-term operational plans with measurable contribution to function or business area results.
- Ensure that engineering personnel thoroughly review and fully comprehend contractual specifications and that determination of design/manufacturing criterion, selection of materials, ILS requirements and testing is accurate, timely, cost-effective, and in compliance with specifications.
- Strong knowledge of Design through Manufacturing.
- Strong knowledge and familiarity using Military Specs and Standards.
- Ability to understand and speak to Earned Value Management (EVM) principles.
- Estimate and staff projects.
- Drive Change, Team Motivation and Engagement for mission critical projects.
- Ensure the safety, quality, and reliability of all engineered products.
- Exercise complete understanding of the systems-based engineering process from requirements decomposition through verification and validation.
- Manage a team of fifteen engineers with opportunity to grow department.
- Understand Navy Shock and Vibration testing process and procedures (Shock per MIL-S-901D and Vibration per MIL-S-167).
- B.S. in Engineering or technical curriculum is required plus a minimum of 10 years of experience in the design, development, qualification, or oversight of products and/or programs and 5 years of experience in managing people or programs.
- Knowledge of Government Contracts and DoD experience
- Some domestic and foreign travel may be required.
- Experience with MS Office Suite.
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal skills are required. Demonstrated teamwork with internal and external customers.
- Experience with 3D Modeling and Drafting and Finite Element Analysis required
- Configuration Management experience.
- An understanding of working through customer requirements to technical requirements to product solutions. An understanding of Functional and Allocated baselines in addition to Top-Level and Detailed Level Design approaches is required.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a security clearance.
- Experience with Navy Ships, Switchboards, Panel boards, and Ground Support power generation products is highly preferred.
- Prior Navy/Army experience is a plus.
- Experience with FEA, Drafting, and 3D modeling helpful.
- ERP/MRP experience.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.