Sr. Electrical Engineer
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Sr. Electrical Engineer
We are currently seeking a Sr. Electrical Engineer for our Tulsa, OK location.
- Responsible for architecting, designing, developing, modifying, evaluating and integrating electrical equipment, electronic equipment, electronic parts, components, or integrated circuitry for complex, high performance hardware systems.
- Evaluate customer proposals and review documentation for effect on designs and determines design approaches and parameters.
- Analyzes electrical requirements to determine feasibility of design within time and cost constraints.
- Analyzes equipment to establish operating data, conducts experimental tests and evaluates results.
- Selects components and equipment based on analysis of specifications and reliability.
- Design interfaces for selected components and equipment to properly function as a system, including general knowledge of various communications protocols and various sensing techniques for voltage, current, frequency, temperature, pressure, light, and smoke.
- Able to identify component operational characteristics that may impact system performance and or sustainability.
- May also review vendor capability to support development. Includes the application of specialized skill sets including power distribution in a naval environment, generator and intertie protection relay schemes and control systems knowledge as required.
- Senior professional with strong knowledge of job area and broad knowledge of project management.
- Provide mentoring and training to other Engineers on technical issues with design development and documentation.
- Act as a liaison between Engineering and Assembly/Test Departments on designs.
- May manage complex projects or processes with general oversight.
- Communicates with contacts inside and outside of own department to gain cooperation, explain and interpret operational processes, practices, and procedures.
- Makes moderate to substantial improvements to systems and processes.
- Contributes to achievement of departmental goals and operating plans with direct impact on the departmental results.
- Research and analyze data such as customer design proposal and specifications to determine feasibility of design or application.
- Perform detailed review of commercial and military specifications to determine the scope of engineering task and prepares plans for accomplishing the work.
- Develop electrical and functional designs in accordance with all applicable specifications and company design standards.
- Select components and prepare a parts list in accordance with standard procedures for release to Purchasing.
- Prepare the necessary data and documentation for presentation to the Mechanical Design group.
- Prepare schematic and wiring diagrams for presentation to the Drafting Group for producing final drawings.
- Participate, as required, in the preparation of production or qualification test procedures, provisioning technical documentation, and other data.
- Provide Engineering support, as required, to all departments or at customer’s facilities, to solve problems or initiate required changes.
- Bachelor’s Degree and prior relevant experience.
- Requires strong knowledge of job area typically obtained through advanced education combined with experience. Typically viewed as having a specialty within discipline. May have broad knowledge of project management.
- Some domestic and international travel may be required.
- U.S. Citizen
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Knowledge of good EMI/EMC management practices
- Knowledge of military specifications and especially Naval related military specifications
- Familiarity with SolidWorks and AutoCAD software packages.
- Familiarity with SKM Power Tools is a plus
- Familiarity with LabVIEW is a plus
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.