Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Sr. Contracts Specialist
Tulsa, OklahomaJob ID IMS20220107-86053
What makes a successful Business and Operations team member at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
My favorite part of working for L3Harris is knowing that the parts that I procure go into products that help save lives.Lizzie, Procurement Associate, Rochester, NY
L3Harris Work Perks
- Medical with a High Deductible and traditional PPO plan options, as well as, vision and a full array of supplemental health benefits
- A doctors' service to help with referrals and second opinions for you, your family, and parents
- 4 weeks of paid parental leave for moms and dads
- Fertility treatment
- Subsidized backup childcare and eldercare
- Adoption assistance - $5,000 per adoption/$15,000 per employee
- Pet insurance
- No cap to your PTO time (for exempt employees)
- Dress for your day - wear what works for you at work
- Legal plan for you, your family, and parents
- Discount platform
- 9/80 work schedule available for most U.S. employees, effective October 24, 2022.
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 47,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Sr. Contracts Specialist
Job Code: IMS20220107-86053
Job Location: Tulsa, Oklahoma (Aeromet)-relocation will be provided
L3Harris -Aeromet is a Division of Integrated Mission Systems Segment with its main office located in Tulsa, OK. L3Harris-Aeromet is established within the DoD Community as the developer and operator of special mission ISR systems. We provide special mission system design, modification, and operations with emphasis on the development and integration of state-of-the-art EO/IR sensor systems.
Senior professional with strong knowledge of job area and broad knowledge of project management. Manages complex projects or processes with general oversight. Communicates within and outside of own function to gain cooperation on operational processes, practices, and procedures. Makes moderate to substantial improvements to systems and processes. Contributes to achievement of departmental goals and operating plans with direct impact on the departmental results. Work is performed with general oversight. May manage large projects or processes that are both inside and outside of immediate job area. Typically responsible for providing guidance, coaching and training to other employees. Typically responsible for managing complex projects at this level, involving delegation of work and review of work products. Communicates within and outside of own function or business area and has responsibility for communicating with parties external to the organization (e.g., customers, vendors, etc.) when necessary. Explains, interprets, and gains cooperation on policies, procedures and practices. Work consists of making moderate to substantial improvement or enhancements to systems and processes to improve performance of job area. Opportunities for problem solving and innovation are complex and may require comprehensive information gathering, analysis and investigation to understand the problem. Problems typically involve consideration of multiple issues, job areas or specialties. Problems are generally solved through creative solutions, drawing from prior experience and in-depth analysis of issues. Works to achieve operational targets with direct impact on the departmental results. Contributes to the development of goals for the department and planning efforts (budgets, operational plans, etc.).
- Expert in contract negotiations with record of successes in negotiations
- Broad knowledge of program management and project management
- Understanding of financial principles, reporting contributing to meeting corporate financial targets. In depth knowledge of CAS: FAR 31.2
- Broad knowledge of statement of work creation and reviews
- Familiarity with subcontracts processes and procedures
- Excellent communication skills – internal, external
- In depth knowledge of FARs, DFARs, ITAR and EAR
- Ability to develop understanding of company specific technologies and applications
- In-depth knowledge of Intellectual Property, software agreements, and DFARs 252.227-7013 through 7039
- Ability to understand and implement corporate policies of the contracts function
- Expert in proposal preparation for terms and conditions
- Communicates contractual rights, obligations and contract risks to all levels of the company
- Identifies and mitigates risk through change management process
- Possess keen leadership skills
- Broad understanding of contract administration in accordance to company policies and best practices
- Documents and maintains contract historical information
- In depth knowledge of all Government contract types – FFP, CPAF, CPFF, CPIF etc.
- Analyzes material estimates, other direct costs, production costs, performance requirements, and delivery schedules to ensure accuracy and completeness for inclusion into proposals.
- Prepares proposals per specific terms of requests for proposal.
- Prepares and leads factfinding and negotiations as part of negotiating team.
- Maintains communications to ensure timely contract execution by the parties.
- Ensures final contract documents are consistent with agreements reached at negotiations.
- Serves as the primary communication conduit between L3Harris and respective customers.
- Review FAR and DFARS regularly to ensure contract compliance with government regulations.
- Evaluates contract performance to determine necessity for amendments or extension of contracts.
- Implement and support continuous improvement program initiatives.
- Provides a proactive voice in the business process.
- Advises management of contractual rights and obligations.
- Maintains historical information for assigned contracts.
- Ability to clearly present information to broad audience, inclusive of management
- Other duties as assigned
- BA/BS in a business or related field
- 6+ years of experience in contracts management, dealing with US Government contracts
- 6+ years of experience with international and commercial contracts
- 6+ years of experience with FAR, DFARS, ITAR, EAR, CAS
- 6+ years of experience with using Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Must be a US Citizen with the ability to obtain a DoD Security Clerance
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Advanced education within the discipline or MBA
- Demonstrated business acumen/finance experience
- Demonstrated ability to build relationships
- Strong verbal and written communication skills are a must
- Previous experience in program or project management
- Familiarity with Government SAM and CPR websites
- Experience with OTAs preferred
- Active DoD Security Clearance is highly desired.
- Prior negotiation experience
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.