Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Specialist, Systems Engineering
Tulsa, OklahomaJob ID IMS20222911-94001
On the L3Harris team, your job is to secure the world. We don’t work here just for the advanced technology and equipment: We work here because we know what – and who – we’re protecting. From families to the intelligence community, and from our climate to our men and women in uniform – we’re making the world a safer place. Working with the L3Harris's engineering team, you'll join our team of qualified, diverse individuals and work in a fast-paced environment with high expectations, global scope, and a collaborative team setting.
What makes a successful Systems Engineer at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Problem Solver
Flexible work schedule, paid overtime, cool technology, no micromanagement, nice campus, fun co-workersSystems Engineer
L3Harris Work Perks
- Medical with a High Deductible and traditional PPO plan options, as well as, vision and a full array of supplemental health benefits
- A doctors' service to help with referrals and second opinions for you, your family, and parents
- 4 weeks of paid parental leave for moms and dads
- Fertility treatment
- Subsidized backup childcare and eldercare
- Adoption assistance - $5,000 per adoption/$15,000 per employee
- Pet insurance
- No cap to your PTO time (for exempt employees)
- Dress for your day - wear what works for you at work
- Legal plan for you, your family, and parents
- Discount platform
- 9/80 work schedule available for most U.S. employees, effective October 24, 2022.
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 47,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Specialist, Systems Engineering
Job Code: IMS20222911-94001
Job Location: Tulsa, OK
Job Schedule: 9/80 Work Schedule
This position is responsible for supporting the planning and technical execution of the entire system development lifecycle of power conversion and protection products. Product maturity ranges from refreshes of fielded systems to new product introduction. Overall responsibilities include executing system engineering efforts from requirement definition, architecting, design execution, and the support of integration and verification.
The position operates primarily as an individual contributor. The position will execute system engineering activities during the requirements definition and design phases. This position reports to and works under the guidance of the systems engineering manager. This position will work along with other engineering disciplines to apply system engineering methodologies and tools (e.g., functional analysis, context diagrams, trade studies, requirements definition/allocation, modeling) to define system architecture and design. Additionally, this position supports the development and maintenance of technical risk and technical performance measures throughout the course of the project. During the integration and verification phases, the position will support procedure development and participate in structured and/or ad-hoc problem solving activities associated with test findings. In addition to tactical execution, this position will support continuous improvement activities within the System Engineering knowledge domain. This includes, but is not limited, to procedure/work instruction development, template development, tool enhancements, training, and mentoring.
Typical day to day responsibilities would be generating system engineering architecture and design artifacts such as requirements documents, architectural views, concept of operations/use cases, interface design requirements/descriptions, risk matrices, TPM metrics, and system behavioral models/analysis. Major reviews supported by this position are the major design reviews (e.g., SRR, PDR, CDR). This position will work intimately with design engineers to provide real-time support and guidance with respect to requirements, architecture, and interfaces. To perform effectively, it is expected that this position be knowledgeable of system requirements, system operations, and understand end user needs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support functional analysis, architecture definition, trade studies, and requirement definition
- Hands on support and execution of product testing
- Support the development and management of key system engineering artifacts (e.g., SEMP, system requirements, system architecture, technical risk matrix, TPMs, system behavioral models)
- Support the development and conduct of informal and formal design reviews such as SRR, PDR, and CDR
- Management of requirements traceability between architectural levels via a SW tool (e.g., DOORS, Rational Test Manager, etc.)
- Generate system engineering metrics to project and company leadership (e.g., TPMs, requirements volatility)
- Support implementation of system engineering best practices and tools
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- 4+ years of experience in engineering and management of complex technical systems development and production
- Broad based technical knowledge and interests in order to understand and evaluate systems engineering activities across the engineering functions
- Basic understanding of the system “vee”
- Beginning execution of concept and architecture development including trade studies and requirements development and decomposition
- Basic experience with requirement management tools
- Understanding of power conversion equipment is desired
- Beginning execution of structured problem solving approaches/methodologies
- Beginning knowledge of statistical analysis methods/approaches and tools (e.g., DOE, Minitab)
- Ability to obtain a Secret Clearance
- Bachelor's degree in engineering from a four-year college or university and a minimum of 4 years of prior related experience OR an Associates Degree with a minimum of 8 years of prior related experience OR Graduate degree or equivalent with minimum of 2 years of prior related experience
- Up to 25% travel to support test and integration efforts
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Medium voltage equipment design
- A general understanding of the overall system engineering process, as outlined by INCOSE
- Specific experience in electronic power conversion equipment design and deployment
- Outstanding written communication skills
- Strong verbal communication skills for internal presentations
- Preferred emphasis in power engineering or power control systems
- Familiarity and experience with test equipment including oscilloscopes, power scopes, power supplies, digital multimeters, voltage and current transducers, and temperature data acquisition modules
- This position requires a person that is highly detailed oriented, structured, well-organized, and can effectively communicate complex topics to varied audiences
Essential Physical Tasks – All Levels:
- Must be able to sit or stand for up to eight hours
- Fine motor dexterity
- Hand-eye coordination
- Concentrated mental/visual demand
- Ability to walk and lift up to 25 lbs.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.