Software Quality Engineer
Tulsa, OklahomaJob ID IMS20211404-59734
What makes a successful Business and Operations team member at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
My favorite part of working for L3Harris is knowing that the parts that I procure go into products that help save lives.Lizzie, Procurement Associate, Rochester, NY
L3Harris Work Perks
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Software Quality Engineer
Job Code: IMS20211404-59734
Job Location: Tulsa, OK (Aeromet)
About L3harris Aeromet
L3Harris -Aeromet is a Division of Integrated Mission Systems Segment and main office is located in Tulsa, OK. L3Harris-Aeromet is established within the DoD Community as the developer and operator of special mission ISR systems. We provide special mission system design, modification, and operations with emphasis on the development and integration of state-of-the-art EO/IR sensor systems.
Work consists of making moderate enhancements or improvements to systems and processes to solve problems or improve effectiveness of job area. Opportunities for problem solving and innovation are general, and may require understanding of broader set of issues but typically are not complex. Problems may require understanding of other job areas. Problems are typically solved drawing from prior experiences, with analysis of the issues.
- Typical day-to-day responsibilities include mentoring others through the performance of software quality related activities in an agile software development environment. This includes reviewing software systems design, change specifications, and plans to ensure requirement compliance across a project's software development lifecycle. The role also comprises of monitoring software system requirements verification and validation, traceability, and testability.
- Additional duties include auditing, evaluating, and reporting on all CMMI Maturity Level 3 process areas.
- Work as part of development and test teams on assigned projects
- Contribute to each assigned project's product quality, reliability, supplier, and process improvement activities
- Participate in project and organizational peer reviews per project plans and our Quality Management System
- Partner with teams to help ensure the adherence to sound engineering practices and compliance to program specific, organizational, CMMI and AS9100 requirements
- Interface with customers, program leadership, engineering, configuration management, logistics, procurement and other teams as required
- Bachelor’s Degree and minimum 4 years of prior relevant experience or 2 years post-Secondary/ Associates Degree and a minimum of 8 years of prior related experience. Graduate Degree and a minimum of 2 years of prior related experience.
- Configuration Management certification a plus.
- Must have experience with internal auditing of AS9100 elements.
- Must have understanding of SEI CMMI requirements.
- Must have working knowledge of both software and hardware development processes and implementation experience as outlined in AS9100 requirements.
- Must be able to obtain security clearance.
- Understanding of CMMI, SCRUM, Agile, Jira
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.