L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Software Engineer
Job Code: IMS20202007-48077
Job Location: Tulsa, OK (Aeromet)
L3Harris Aeromet has an opportunity for a Software Engineer working to enhance and develop image processing techniques for our advanced EO/IR mission systems. We are seeking a skilled engineer with a capability to work with full motion, multi-spectral video to produce new capabilities into our mission system software. The successful candidate will join an engineering team developing best-in-class software architectures, and real-time active, passive, and multi-spectral optical systems in support of the national defense.
- Work within a dynamic team environment
- Produce new modular functionality in for a real-time image processing system
- Maintain and improve existing code and processes
- Work with a variety of hardware and mission systems
- U.S. Citizenship
- Typically, Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Engineering with a Computer Science background and 2 years related experience, Graduate Degree with related focus, or equivalent professional experience
- Experience in C/C++. Some Python experience as a plus.
- Object-Oriented C++, design patterns, and modern software design best practices
- Experience with multithreaded applications
- Familiar with performance measurement and testing
Preferred Additional Skills:
- US DOD Security Clearance
- Experience with CUDA, OpenCV
- Experience in AI, Machine Learning, and Deep Learning
- Experience with Tensorflow, Eigen
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.