Software DevOps Engineer
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Software DevOps Engineer
Job Code: IMS20210104-59002
Job Location: Tulsa, OK (Aeromet)
About L3Harris Aeromet
L3Harris -Aeromet is a Division of Integrated Mission Systems Segment and main office is located in Tulsa, OK. L3Harris-Aeromet is established within the DoD Community as the developer and operator of special mission ISR systems. We provide special mission system design, modification, and operations with emphasis on the development and integration of state-of-the-art EO/IR sensor systems.
L3Harris Aeromet has an opportunity for a Software Engineer specializing in DevOps. This position would help to implement and develop cutting edge defense industry computing infrastructure and operations with a focus on automation tools. These process and tool will support and enhance teams developing signal processing techniques and architectures for our advanced EO/IR and other multispectral mission systems. Help bootstrap development infrastructure to enable programs transitioning from typical Waterfall project models to Agile development through the use of CI/CD. The successful candidate will join an engineering team developing best-in-class software architectures, and real-time active, passive, and multi-spectral systems in support of the national defense.
- Work within a dynamic team environment
- Administer Linux systems within automation frameworks
- Develop, administer, and manage Atlassian tool suite
- Work with Software Developers to create requirements for project development/build environments
- Create and deploy Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment pipelines for various projects
- Administrate server backend (Docker, Kubernetes)
- Other duties as assigned
- US Citizen
- Able to obtain and maintain a DoD clearance and obtain additional clearances as required
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or related field with required 2 years of software experience or master’s degree
- Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment, Automated Testing, Container Building, Artifact Management)
- Experience with DevOps technologies such as virtualization, Docker, scripting, git, CI/CD, testing and automation
- Experience using common scripting languages (e.g. bash, python)
- Experience with software development and deployment (source control, software build, software deployment and configuration)
- Experience doing CI/CD with on-premises environments
- Demonstrated problem solving skills
- Excellent people skills to include collaborating in a multi-disciplinary, diverse, and dynamic team environment
- Outstanding work ethic and commitment to organizational success
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products
- Excellent communication skills (written, verbal, and presentation)
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA)
- Experience with systems and IT operations, and incorporating industry best practices as it relates to security, privacy, and disaster recovery
- Experience with configuration/administration of the Atlassian Tool Suite (Confluence, Crowd, Bamboo, Jira, BitBucket)
- Someone who has helped standup a CI/CD pipeline from scratch
- Experience with Linux Container Technology (Docker, Swarm, Kubernetes) and related orchestration tools/platforms
- Experience in CI/CD and artifact management for C++, Python, C#, Java, or other
- Experience as a Software Engineer, ideally developing in C++ or Python
- Familiarity with Cybersecurity and Secure Coding practices, CMMC, PlatformOne
- Some familiarity with Windows servers
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.