Project Engineering Lead
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $17 billion in annual revenue, 50,000 employees and customers in more than 130 countries. L3Harris.com
Project Engineering Lead
We are currently seeking a Project Engineering Lead for our Tulsa, OK location.
- Responsible for the development and execution of the technical content in the project’s plan within the budget (cost) to achieve the technical goals of the project.
- Establishes and maintains the financial baseline for the project work, and contributes to the Earned Value Management (EVM).
- Establish the overall program plan from bid to project closeout to include integrated cost, schedule and technical scope baseline for the program. Plans are executable and meet contract requirements.
- Provides technical program ownership of both functional technology (Mechanical, Electrical, Software, etc.) and maritime domain understanding to assess maturity of work products created by program team.
- Establishes a process to manage changes to the technical baseline in order to optimize program performance and profitability.
- Ensures technical program execution throughout the lifecycle of the program, from bid to end of program life
- Subject matter expert with comprehensive knowledge of shipboard power distribution and project management.
- The Lead, Project Engineer will manage a large, complex project of substantial importance to the organization as well as being a critical US Navy program with minimal oversight..
- Communicates within and outside of organization to explain and implement changes to project requirements and approaches.
- Establishes short-term operational plans with measurable contribution to function or business area results.
- Requires management and leadership knowledge in job area and comprehensive knowledge within an Engineering professional discipline.
- Lead role in an Integrated Product Team (IPT) comprising primarily of Systems, Hardware and Software engineers with other SMEs added when necessary
- Leads, directs and reviews the work of assigned project team members. Works closely with functional managers on staffing requirements for the project.
- Acts as Cost Account Manager (CAM) for the IPT, providing regular EAC and ETC reports
- Responsible for project life cycle Risk and opportunities identified within the IPT
- Works closely with the other divisions to optimize and ensure consistency and commonality across the project in all aspects of Hardware, Systems Engineering, Documentation, Software, Integration and Test approaches that are in line with L3Harris policies
with leadership regarding matters of importance to the functional or business area. May conduct briefings with leaders and support customer visits as well as travel for new and current business activities.
- Function as point of contact resource for technical issues related to assigned program and delegates issues with guidance on resolution.
- Develop cost estimates in response to RFQ's and RFP's related to the assigned project.
- Bachelor’s Degree and minimum 9 years of prior relevant experience.
- Navy or related military experience is preferred.
- Shipyard and/or ship integration experience is a plus.
- Must have the ability to motivate people to excel individually and as a team in a fast paced work environment.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbally and written.
- Expert knowledge of Electrical Power Engineering, System Engineering, electrical distribution components of naval ship systems.
- Electrical and electro-mechanical design experience for military environments requiring environmental qualifications.
- Working knowledge of MIL-SPECS, DOD regulations and practices, Job Cost accounting, and Critical Path management systems. Familiarity with spreadsheet programs and their use. Well versed in Microsoft project management tools, VISIO and Microsoft office applications.
- Ability to work cross functionally internally and externally.
- Experience in the use of Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) tools is desired
- 15-20% travel is anticipated.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.