Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Lead, Production Planning
Tulsa, OklahomaJob ID IMS20222005-82736
What makes a successful Business and Operations team member at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
My favorite part of working for L3Harris is knowing that the parts that I procure go into products that help save lives.Lizzie, Procurement Associate, Rochester, NY
L3Harris Work Perks
- Medical with a High Deductible and traditional PPO plan options, as well as, vision and a full array of supplemental health benefits
- A doctors' service to help with referrals and second opinions for you, your family, and parents
- 4 weeks of paid parental leave for moms and dads
- Fertility treatment
- Subsidized backup childcare and eldercare
- Adoption assistance - $5,000 per adoption/$15,000 per employee
- Pet insurance
- No cap to your PTO time (for exempt employees)
- Dress for your day - wear what works for you at work
- Legal plan for you, your family, and parents
- Discount platform
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 47,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Lead Production Planning
Job Location: Tulsa, OK (Westwood)
Reporting to the Sr Manager, Operations Management, the Lead Planner is responsible for establishing, managing and administering the enterprise-wide Master Production Schedule. In coordination with planners, operations and programs the plan will establish control over planning of production, inventory management, capacity planning, meeting customer’s expectations, and other activities in-accordance with customer’s contract requirements. The Lead Planner requires a deep understanding of the product and manufacturing processes, and the resource capabilities and constraints. Data based decision making and recommendations of constraints and resource management are key elements of an efficient production schedules and are key to success for this candidate.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Develops and maintains level loaded master schedule as required to achieve operating plan.
- Utilize Rough-Cut Capacity Planning to identify short-term areas of constrained and/or excess capacity, and work with Operations Management to mitigate any negative impacts by recommending overtime, re-utilization of people, etc.
- Collaboratively works with Operations, Program Management (PM), and Planning Teams to review issues that are causing late projections, and make necessary adjustments, where possible, to bring jobs back on schedule. When adjustments cannot be attained, team closely with PM to establish a new Estimated Delivery Date.
- Prioritize schedules in response to shift in customer requirement, capacity constraints or sales changes.
- Analyze MRP variance issues with Production Control and make appropriate schedule adjustments while monitoring schedule attainment on a daily basis.
- Champion Sales, Inventory and Operations Planning process by reviewing and providing regular updates to Operations Management on the overall shop load plan, significant changes in shop load, and recommendations to changes in long-term manpower assignments.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must possess strong communicative skills with the ability to interface with management on schedule status of projects.
- Ideal Candidate has 7 or more years of experience in Production Control and Master Scheduling; forecasting quantitative analysis capacity and resource management in fast paced discrete highly engineered products, manufacturing environment
- Experience working in Aerospace and Defense industries a plus.
- Must be accurate, well organized and able to handle multiple tasks.
- Able to work independently with limited supervision.
- Key competencies for this role include but are not limited to Business Acumen, Perseverance, Process Management, Drive for Results and Strategic Thinking.
- APICS certification highly preferred
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Requires comprehensive level knowledge of job area typically obtained through advanced education combined with experience. May have in-depth knowledge of project management. Bachelor’s Degree and minimum 9 years of prior relevant experience. Graduate Degree and a minimum of 7 years of prior related experience.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.