Image Science Engineer (New Grad - Tulsa, OK)
Tulsa, OklahomaJob ID IMS20212403-58613
On the L3Harris team, your job is to secure the world. We don’t work here just for the advanced technology and equipment: We work here because we know what – and who – we’re protecting. From families to the intelligence community, and from our climate to our men and women in uniform – we’re making the world a safer place. Working in Software with L3Harris you'll join our team of qualified, diverse individuals and work in a fast-paced environment with high expectations, global scope, and a collaborative team setting.
What makes a successful Engineer at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Critical Thinker
- Detail Oriented
I love my job because every day there’s a new problem to tackle, a new skill to learn and an awesome team that has my back.Heather S., Engineer
L3Harris Work Perks
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Image Science Engineer 1 (New Grad)
Job Code: IMS20212403-58613
Job Location: Tulsa, OK
L3Harris Aeromet has an opportunity for a Image Processing Engineer working to apply, enhance and develop image and signal processing techniques for our Airborne Sensors (ABS) program. We are seeking an analyst with a passion for working with digital data and analyzing the underlying phenomena. The successful candidate will join an analysis and operations team developing best-in-class capabilities for various airborne collection platforms in support of the national defense.
- U.S. Citizenship
- Ability to obtain and possess a SECRET-level security clearance
- Ability to pass an FAA Class 3 flight physical
- A strong emphasis on image and signal processing techniques as well as experience applying these to digital data.
- Ability to deploy to remote sites for extended periods of time with a flexible schedule
- Pursuing a bachelor's degree in physical sciences, engineering, or math discipline from an accredited institution. Equivalent experience in related fields may be substituted in lieu of education.
- A strong emphasis on engineering concepts and theory and experience applying these to the development of new concepts and technical practices
- GPA of 3.0 or greater
- Digital image reduction, analysis and signal processing techniques
- Ballistic missile target characteristics and trajectory analysis
- Atmospheric modeling and analysis
- Scenario modeling and simulation
- Python (Jupyter Notebooks, NumPy, SciPy, OpenCV, Matplotlib) or Matlab (Image or Signal Processing Toolboxes)
- Ability to work independently and as part of a highly dynamic team
- Familiar with Microsoft Windows and Office
- Strong Organizational and Communication skills
- Up to 25%
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.