Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Lead Aircraft Mechanic ( Aircraft Maintenance E)
Tucson, ArizonaJob ID IMS20220106-83342
What makes a successful Business and Operations team member at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
My favorite part of working for L3Harris is knowing that the parts that I procure go into products that help save lives.Lizzie, Procurement Associate, Rochester, NY
L3Harris Work Perks
- Medical with a High Deductible and traditional PPO plan options, as well as, vision and a full array of supplemental health benefits
- A doctors' service to help with referrals and second opinions for you, your family, and parents
- 4 weeks of paid parental leave for moms and dads
- Fertility treatment
- Subsidized backup childcare and eldercare
- Adoption assistance - $5,000 per adoption/$15,000 per employee
- Pet insurance
- No cap to your PTO time (for exempt employees)
- Dress for your day - wear what works for you at work
- Legal plan for you, your family, and parents
- Discount platform
- 9/80 work schedule available for most U.S. employees, effective October 24, 2022.
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 47,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Lead Aircraft Mechanic
Req # IMS20220106-83342
Location: Tucson, AZ
Duties and Responsibilities:
Duties include but not limited to: Manage, direct, supervise, schedule and coordinate assigned shift activities to support site aircraft flight operations. Supervise and may perform scheduled/unscheduled aircraft maintenance on all aircraft systems; turbofan engine, airframe, flight control/landing gear rigging, troubleshooting systems, daily/turnaround inspections, perform corrosion inspections and related treatment, washing/cleaning, servicing aircraft fuel/oil/hydraulic/oxygen/nitrogen systems, Structural repairs and component in-house repair/back shop programs. Works for the Maintenance Manager and may perform other duties as required by management.
Required Education and Experience:
The qualified applicant must have a minimum of five (5) years aircraft mechanic level experience. Strongly prefer recent Gulfstream, Global Jet, or business jet experience on civilian and military platforms including Rolls Royce turbofan experience.
- Work experience as Lead Mechanic or supervisor directing same or similar FAA and/or government aircraft maintenance operations.
- Current FAA A&P certificate required.
- Must be able to work day shift, night shift or weekend duty and travel as part of a maintenance recovery team as required. CONUS and OCONUS deployment may be required.
- If scheduled to deploy OCONUS must be in good physical condition, able to pass a required physical exam and CRC.
- Must be able to work in the established OCONUS work/living environment, work a schedule of 7 days, 12 hour shifts as assigned to support mission requirements.
- Experience in the use of hand and special tools, and testers for aircraft maintenance is required.
- Must have in-depth working knowledge of aircraft safety directives.
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English.
- Must have a current civilian driver's license, and be able to obtain and maintain a government flight line driver's license.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain an interim secret government security clearance as a minimum prior to hire.
- Must have an in-depth knowledge (aircraft/vehicle movement and safety/hazards) of flight line operations.
- Must have an in-depth knowledge of aircraft technical orders/job guides/publications-read, interpret, follow and comprehend schematic diagrams, drawings, charts and technical publications.
- Must have a working knowledge (input and extract data) of maintenance database technology.
This classification activity is usually accomplished in a flight line-like environment with extensive climbing, standing, stooping, bending, pushing, kneeling, stretching, and walking demands. May require lifting of objects whose weight normally will not exceed 50lbs. Special vision abilities required to perform this job are close and peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability adjust and focus
The diversity of working conditions both CONUS and OCONUS range from an environment where there is little or no physical discomfort, to an environment where inclement weather may subject the individual to severe changes in temperature, wind, rain, etc. May be required to work in areas where high noise hazards, exposure to fumes, airborne particles, and electrical shock hazards exist.
Position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a DoD security clearance which requires U.S. citizenship.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.