Facilities Technician C
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $17 billion in annual revenue, 50,000 employees and customers in more than 130 countries. L3Harris.com
Job Title: Facilities Technician C
Position: req # AS20202807-48438
Location: Tucson, AZ
As a Facilities Technician C, you will be responsible for executing a variety of tasks within the Facilities and Engineering department with a focus on performing and/or coordinating facilities and fabrication equipment maintenance. Other duties will be in direct support of warehousing and general business operations.
This position supports the Advanced Systems & Technologies (AS&T) division, which specializes in developing disruptive, next-generation technologies for advanced Unmanned Air Systems (UAS / UAV), advanced radar systems, next-generation weapon systems, and other RF sensor technologies using small company agility and big company experience.
- Perform light facilities maintenance tasks (minor electrical, light bulbs, furniture moves, picture hanging, etc…)
- Maintain building preventative maintenance program, including inspections
- Coordinate facility service calls (HVAC, plumbing, electricians, etc…). Escort subcontractors as required
- Review contractor quotes for accuracy of repairs and pricing
- Shipping and receiving support
- Maintain machine preventative maintenance program, assist with diagnosis/repairs as necessary
- Ability to take “train the trainer” forklift course and train employees on forklift use
- Monthly flight trailer inspections, assess corporate vehicle & trailer repair needs as needed
- Assist with EHS projects such as improving machine safety by adding machine guards
- Assist with general cleanliness/organization of shop tools and support equipment
- Perform EHS trainings as needed
- Other duties as assigned
- U.S. citizen
- Able to obtain and maintain DoD clearance and additional clearances as required
- High School Diploma with a minimum of 6 years in a building maintenance position or an apprenticeship in applicable trade, electrician, plumbing, and carpentry.
- Mechanical aptitude
- Able to work with basic hand tools & power tools (such as drills, saws, wrenches, pneumatic tools, etc)
- Creativity, verbal and written communication skills, analytical and problem solving ability
- Able to follow written and verbal instructions
- Ability to prioritize tasks independently and adapt to changing/urgent facilities needs
- Ability to function in a team environment with limited supervision
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Prior construction experience
- Prior warehouse support experience
- Familiarity with Machine shop equipment and maintenance
- Applicable licenses/certifications (electrician, plumbing, HVAC)
- Familiarity with Deltek and/or CostPoint
- Excellent people skills, with experience leading and collaborating in a multi-disciplinary, diverse, and dynamic team environment.
- Outstanding work ethic and commitment to organizational success
- Excellent communication skills (written, verbal, & presentation)
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.