Logistics Project Manager (Trenton)
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
L3 MAS, headquartered in Mirabel (QC) is a subsidiary of L3 Technologies.
For nearly 7 years, we have been repairing, maintaining and modernizing the CC-150 Polaris fleet (AIRBUS 310) operating 3 configurations for troops/PAX movement, Cargo/Tanker operations, and VVIP travel. VVIP travel includes the Royal Family, the Governor General and our Prime Minister.
Which role will you play?
- You will manage, organize, prioritize and lead a group of unionized and non-unionized employees dedicated to support operations and the highest standards of airworthiness;
- You will be responsible to promote L3Harris’ values within your work teams; and
- You will ensure that teams work in accordance with Transport Canada as well as DTAES (Directorate of Technical Airworthiness and Engineering Support) aviation procedures, policies, and regulations.
- Provide support to project management activities under contract or subcontract in terms of costs, quality, schedule, and performance;
- Identify any shortfalls in resources or skill sets, or other challenges within the scope of contract or subcontract obligations and recommend solutions;
- Identify new business opportunities with clients and support Business Development in the capture of these opportunities;
- Organize, chair, and facilitate various meetings and work sessions in order to review the progress of work, identify and solve problems, and manage priorities and potential conflicts with team members or with the client;
- Provide recommendations and proposed options/solutions concerning risks or issues identified that may affect cost, schedule, quality, or performance obligations;
- Manage emergencies and contingencies in the operation support (tool control, Warehousing, General Services, Technical Records and materials management) as they arise;
- Continuously focus towards improving the Operational Support Structure and Efficiencies;
- Work and collaborate with the Licensed Planner, QA, Engineering, PRAA (Person Responsible for Assigning Authority), Programs and Operations Manager to ensure Airworthiness, Training, Currency, Projects, and Customer Satisfaction Key Performance Indicators are met or exceeded;
- Ensure daily that all personnel are working in a safe manner;
- Carry out monthly inspections and follow-up on corrective actions with your Team;
- Prepare and participate in EH&S committee meetings and follow up actions;
- Complete accident/incident reports;
- Assist L3Harris and customer auditors during their visits and follow-up on actions;
- Respond and document corrective action requests (CARs);
- Create, review and update departmental procedures and ensure employees follow them;
- Participate and encourage employees to propose continuous improvement initiatives;
- Follow up on improvement measures;
- Promote the RISE program;
- Establish and communicate the priorities of the day;
- Facilitate daily team meetings;
- Carefully review and approve timesheets;
- Plan and coordinate training requirements;
- Represent operations support during daily meetings, teleconferences, etc;
- Manage overtime required on a daily basis;
- Approve Operation Support travel requests and expense accounts;
- Understand and respect the Collective Agreement;
- Coordinate Team computer problems directly with the IT department in Mirabel, Quebec.
- College or undergraduate degree in a relevant field of competence, such as engineering, supply chain management, or business administration;
- Preferably, 5 years of experience in operations or supply chain management;
- Experience in team supervision (unionized employees an asset);
- Experience with In-Service Support and management of multiple subcontractors and suppliers is an asset;
- Experience in Project management is an asset;
- Knowledge / experience with the ability to make decisions quickly and take action;
- Customer-oriented and results oriented while adopting a "win-win" approach;
- Ability to inspire employees and collaborators in a positive manner;
- Good oral and written communication skills in both languages (English primary, French an asset);
- Sense of work organization and priority management;
- Knowledge of labour relations;
- Knowledge of laws and policies related to the environment, health and safety at work; and
- Knowledge of supply chain management.
- Located in L3 MAS facility in Trenton;
- Must be eligible for registration to the Controlled Goods Program;
- Must be eligible to obtaining and maintaining the government of Canada’s “Reliability” status and Level 2 (Secret) security clearance;
- Available for 20-30% of travel to the L3 MAS facility in Mirabel (Quebec), and business travel to partners and suppliers mainly in Canada.
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of the company and be recognized for your impact;
- Enjoy a flexible work schedule allowing you to conciliate work-life balance;
- Participate in gathering social activities organized by the staff for the staff;
- Benefit from a Comprehensive Employee Benefits Package, including a customizable group insurance plan that fits your needs and lifestyle, and a Group RRSP with contribution match-up.
- Give us an interview to discuss all we can provide – there is much more to share