Supplier Quality Manager
Torrance, CaliforniaJob ID AS20210604-59221
What makes a successful Business and Operations team member at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
My favorite part of working for L3Harris is knowing that the parts that I procure go into products that help save lives.Lizzie, Procurement Associate, Rochester, NY
L3Harris Work Perks
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Location: Torrance, CA
Job ID: AS20200604-59221
We currently have an opportunity for an experienced Supplier Quality Manager at our Torrance, California location. In this position, you will serve as the technical liaison between Purchasing, Engineering, Manufacturing, and suppliers to monitor Advanced Quality Planning, provide PPAP approval, resolve quality issues, and provide technical support. Other responsibilities will include:
- Review and audit supplier manufacturing processes and quality systems
- Perform routine surveillance audits and monitor supplier performance (KPI for Quality, including PPM and SCAR)
- Anticipate potential failures due to design, manufacturability, and process control, and suggest and implement resolutions with suppliers
- Implement and monitor the part qualification and certification process with selected suppliers
- Determine root cause (8D process) of supplier quality problems, and implement effective and timely resolutions
- Improve quality performance of suppliers by conducting workshops at supplier locations, providing technical assistance in developing a quality system, or providing other technical support as required
- Ensure supplier understanding of product and PPAP submission requirements
- Review and approve supplier quality plans on new part programs
- Lead weekly supplier meetings and ensure supplier adherence to the APQP process
- Conduct supplier part critical characteristics discussions and review required process controls
- Review and approve tool, fixture, and part designs
- Work with different tiers to ensure that deliverables are met
- Requires approx. 30% travel to domestic and international suppliers
- At least six years of relevant experience in manufacturing, quality, or engineering in an aerospace, automotive, or related environment is required
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Materials, Business, Math, or Statistics is needed; advanced degree preferred
- Understanding of AS9100 Quality System standards is necessary
- Knowledge of AIAG standards is required: APQP and PPAP (all levels) requirements, including proficiency in FMEA, Control Plans, Flow Charts, R@R, SPC, MSA, Capacity Analysis, and GR&R
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills are required to establish effective working relationships with suppliers as well as personnel within the company.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.