Sr Quality Engineer
Torrance, CaliforniaJob ID AS20210403-57557
What makes a successful Business and Operations team member at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
My favorite part of working for L3Harris is knowing that the parts that I procure go into products that help save lives.Lizzie, Procurement Associate, Rochester, NY
L3Harris Work Perks
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Sr Quality Engineer
Job Code: AS20210403-57557
Job Location: Torrance, CA
We currently have an opportunity for a Sr. Quality Engineer to monitor and improve the quality of our operational processes and outputs. In this challenging position, you will design quality standards, develop quality control systems, and determine corrective actions. You’ll also collaborate with operations managers and supervisors to implement quality controls and improvements. Other responsibilities will include:
- Monitoring and analyzing quality performance.
- Inspecting and testing materials, equipment, processes, and products to ensure quality specifications are met.
- Ensuring that workflows, processes, and products comply with safety regulations.
- Investigating and troubleshooting product or production issues.
- Developing corrective actions, solutions, and improvements.
- Reviewing codes, specifications, and processes.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Secret security clearance is desirable
- At least six years of quality engineering experience, preferably in an aerospace environment
- Experience with components used in space applications is desirable
- Requires a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or a related discipline
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency using Microsoft Office applications
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency in report writing and data presentation
- Demonstrated ability to perform effectively in a demanding environment
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent project management skills
- Demonstrated troubleshooting skills, with the ability to ensure that processes and products consistently meet established quality standards.
- Knowledge of pedigree reviews and customer sell-offs is a plus
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.