Sr. Program Financial Analyst
Torrance, CaliforniaJob ID AS20210704-59310
What makes a successful Business and Operations team member at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
My favorite part of working for L3Harris is knowing that the parts that I procure go into products that help save lives.Lizzie, Procurement Associate, Rochester, NY
L3Harris Work Perks
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Location: Torrance, CA
Job ID: AS20210407-59310
We are currently seeking an experienced Financial Analyst at our Torrance, California location to support the financial requirements of assigned programs. In this position, you will work closely with managers to develop, interpret, analyze, implement, maintain, and present their business, strategic and financial plans and controls. You'll also provide visibility on program status through program planning and control activities, including baseline budget and estimate at completion (EAC) preparation, status reporting, and the preparation of contingency plans. Other responsibilities will include:
- Providing ongoing visibility regarding the current and forecasted status of program cost and schedules through in-depth qualitative/quantitative analysis of performance vs. plan data
- Preparation of monthly sales and earnings plans. You will be the SME to represent and communicate the financial status, challenges, and forecasts for the teams and groups that you support.
- Preparation of various program control plans and reports, financial summaries, and related activities for Program Management
- Identification of problems and coordination with the program team to correct variances and ensure work is meeting program requirements and financial commitments
- Evaluation of programs at each stage to ensure that cost and financial activities of the program team, including contractual obligations, are being met
- Preparing, coordinating, and delivering program controls presentations to internal management and customers
- Participating in new business proposals, project projections, and analysis of requirements.
- Sharing process improvement ideas with the entire Finance team.
You will need at least six years of experience in a program control role, or general financial analysis experience. Other qualifications include:
- Experience in program cost functions, including cost estimating, cost control, change management, risk assessment, and cost analysis
- Experience with planning and scheduling functions, including schedule development, control, and analysis
- Ability to identify and establish relevant and timely criteria for program controls activities
- Ability to work independently on complex program controls issues
- Capability and flexibility to handle multiple tasks in restricted timeframes to support program and company goals
- Exceptional communication skills, with the ability to develop and present management reports in verbal, written, and graphic formats
- A penchant for process improvement and problem solving
- Mastery of Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- A bachelor’s degree in business administration, accounting or finance is necessary; a master’s degree in business or financial management is desirable
- Applicants selected may be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information requiring a security clearance.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.