Sr. Mechanical Engineer
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Sr. Mechanical Engineer
Job Code: AS20210804-59368
Job Location: Torrance, CA
We currently have an opportunity for an experienced mechanical engineer at our Torrance, CA location. In this position, you will work with integrated product teams and provide engineering support for the development and production of our Microwave Power Module RF amplifier products. Other responsibilities will include:
- Investigating, designing, and developing mechanical components for high voltage electronic power conditioners (EPC), integrating the EPC with the RF amplifier chain, and packaging the MPM.
- Performing thermal and structural analyses and assessing first article environmental impacts.
- Supporting design reviews and generating plans and procedures for environmental test programs.
- Producing technical reports that explain objectives, approach, and results.
- Providing technical support for yield issues and product modifications.
- Assisting business capture with technical responses to proposals.
- Engaging with management and project members for product requirements, cost, and schedule.
- Ability to obtain and maintain an active DoD security clearance
- At least six years of experience in structural/thermal analysis.
- Must have working fluency with thermal and structural design and analysis software: ANSYS (or equivalent thermal mechanical analysis tool); COSMOS with Solidworks; and Pro Engineer/PTC Creo (or equivalent CAD experience).
- Demonstrated experience in a technical development role.
- Hands-on design experience.
- Strong technical writing skills and effective communication abilities.
- Experience with DFX implementations for aerospace applications is a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in an engineering discipline (preferably mechanical) required. Post-graduate degree preferred
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.