Specialist, Manufacturing Engineer
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Manufacturing Engineering
Job Location: Torrance, CA
Job Code: AS20211902-56899
We currently have an opportunity for a talented MANUFACTURING ENGINEER at our Torrance, California location to provide operational support to our Traveling Wave Tube (TWT) manufacturing areas and help maintain flow on the production floor. Responsibilities will include:
- Working with area management to compile relevant information regarding production status for customer use
- Driving continuous improvement projects for manufacturing and engineering systems via lean/six sigma methodologies, process mapping and simulation modeling
- Participating in the development of new assembly processes and systems to eliminate waste, streamline processes, and reduce cost.
You will need at least four years of manufacturing engineering experience, preferably with aerospace product processes and assembly techniques, including knowledge of processes such as SMT, soldering, bonding, encapsulation, crimping, and unit assembly. Other qualifications that will enable you to perform successfully in this position include:
- Demonstrated computer proficiency using Microsoft Office applications is needed.
- Requires the ability to work in a fast-moving environment under tight schedules and coordinate multiple tasks effectively.
- Must be able to perform technical problem solving and work closely with production personnel.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills are necessary.
- The ability to create and update assembly instructions and in-process records is required.
- Knowledge of:
- joining processes, such as brazing and welding
- assembly processes, tooling, and print reading (GD&T)
- bills of material, routings, and assembly instruction development
- Demonstrated ability to capture and analyze data related to yield and cycle time is required.
- Knowledge of computer programming languages (such as MATLAB, Visual Basic, CREO Parametric, Solidworks, or PHP) is desirable.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze design issues and develop tooling concepts in real time is preferred.
- A bachelor’s degree in Manufacturing Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or other related discipline is required.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.