Specialist, Electrical Engineer
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Specialist, Electrical Engineer
Job Code: AS20210503-57653
Job Location: Torrance, CA
We currently have an opportunity for an Electrical Engineer to work on new product development, primarily CRAD and IRAD projects at our Torrance, California location. In this position, they will also provide high-level engineering support, as required, on production tubes and upgrades
- Will act as principal investigator on CRAD and IRAD projects
- Design high performance microwave vacuum electron devices using modern computational and experimental methods
- Analyze test results and implement corrective action.
- Provide technical support in solution of yield issues or implementation of upgrades on production programs as needed
- Mentor and develop project engineers with regard to vacuum electron device theory and design.
- Write technical reports and present findings
- Provide support to Business Development in capture of external research and development funding through submission of technical write-ups for proposals and whitepapers
- Review project progress on a regular basis and generate weekly or monthly management reviews in collaboration with the Project Manager
- Ensure adherence to L3Harris policies and procedures especially with regard to maintenance of the AS9100 accreditation.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering required. Master’s in physics or electrical engineering preferred. PhD a plus
- Minimum of four years demonstrated experience in a technical development role. PhD may be substituted for four years work experience
- Knowledge of EM theory required, vacuum device design highly desired
- Ability to specify experiments and analyze test results.
- Experience with modern programming languages
- Good physical intuition and strong problem-solving skills
- Hands on design engineering experience
- Solid verbal communication and technical writing skills
- Accuracy, thoroughness, persistence and attention to detail
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.