RF Test Technician
Torrance, CaliforniaJob ID AS20211503-58112
What makes a successful Business and Operations team member at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
My favorite part of working for L3Harris is knowing that the parts that I procure go into products that help save lives.Lizzie, Procurement Associate, Rochester, NY
L3Harris Work Perks
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: RF Test Technician
Job ID: AS20211503-58112
Job Location: Torrance, CA
We currently have an opening for a talented RF TEST TECHNICIAN at our Torrance, California location. In this full-time hourly position, you will be part of a production team responsible for the tuning and testing of traveling wave tubes (TWTs) used in space applications. Assignments may include performing final product testing using RF sweepers, RF power meters, vector network analyzers, spectrum analyzers, waveguides and waveguide couplers, coaxial cables, high voltage power supplies up to 80 kV, thermal vacuum chambers, and vibration fixtures.
- Four years of experience testing electronic devices, preferably including experience testing microwave devices or RF amplifier units.
- Familiarity with electronic test equipment and the use of high-voltage power supplies, including high-voltage safety practices, is necessary.
- Must be able to read and interpret test instructions, assembly instructions, and engineering drawings (blueprints).
- Effective communication skills are necessary in order to work effectively with team members, supervisors, and other employees.
- Proficiency with PCs and Microsoft Office applications is needed.
- Experience with vacuum electronic devices (such as traveling wave tubes) or other microwave devices is a plus.
- Knowledge of environmental test processes and equipment is beneficial.
- Requires an associate’s degree in Electronic Technology or other relevant field (or equivalent military schooling), preferably with supplemental coursework in microwave theory, OR additional equivalent experience.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.