EEE Commodity Specialist
Torrance, CaliforniaJob ID AS20211404-59755
What makes a successful Business and Operations team member at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
My favorite part of working for L3Harris is knowing that the parts that I procure go into products that help save lives.Lizzie, Procurement Associate, Rochester, NY
L3Harris Work Perks
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Location: Torrance, CA
Job ID: AS20211404-59755
L3Harris Electron Devices is currently seeking an EEE Commodity Specialist at our Torrance, California location. In this newly created position, you will develop and execute long-term supply strategy agreements and pricing agreements, and perform make/buy analysis, with a primary focus on EEE, PCB/PCBA, and cable assembly commodities. You will develop a solid working knowledge of relevant commodity attributes including industry trends, cost drivers, material lead times, and technical and manufacturing processes. You will also be responsible for the economic performance of supplier categories as well as the performance of key suppliers.
Other responsibilities will include:
- Analyze, develop, and implement long-term spend management strategies within a given commodity to ensure sourcing efforts meet business goals and objectives.
- Manage activities including supplier assessments and rationalization, negotiations for best total cost of ownership, make vs. buy analyses, vendor managed inventories, inventory reduction programs, cycle time improvements, security of supply, supplier diversity, continuous improvement, commodity road maps, and procurement/stakeholder collaboration.
- Research and benchmark current commodity market conditions/trends, developing technologies, supply chain capacity/capability, product knowledge, customer requirements and supply/demand challenges.
- Guide the selection, development, and management of strategic suppliers to meet commodity cost and performance goals.
- Establish a strong network and fosters collaboration with customers, suppliers, key stakeholders, and category team members.
- May lead negotiation and completion of contracts with strategic and preferred suppliers to maximize benefits.
- Implement rigorous and disciplined processes for managing the supply base including leading periodic business reviews, monitoring and managing supplier performance (quality, cost, delivery, technology, service, and leadership), managing supplier relationships, performing root cause analysis and resolution, developing and monitoring supplier improvement plans.
Requires proficient knowledge of procurement, EEE/PCBA/cable commodity sourcing, and procurement/sourcing experience in a manufacturing environment, typically obtained through advanced education combined with experience.
You will need bachelor’s degree and a minimum 4 years of prior relevant experience or 2 years post-Secondary/ Associates Degree and a minimum of 8 years of prior related experience, or a Graduate Degree and a minimum of 2 years of prior related experience.
Other qualifications that will enable you to perform successfully in this position include:
- Strong analytical and data management skills.
- Knowledge of quality and lean practices.
- Strong understanding of commodity benchmarking activities.
- Ability to manage and motivate suppliers.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines
- Practical knowledge of project management.
- Demonstrates a positive attitude in the face of difficult or challenging situations.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate successfully, encouraging a high performing culture and constantly looking for creative innovative solutions.
- Proficiency using Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- ERP experience is required.
- CPSM certification is preferred.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.