Torrance, CaliforniaJob ID AS20210502-56247
What makes a successful Business and Operations team member at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
My favorite part of working for L3Harris is knowing that the parts that I procure go into products that help save lives.Lizzie, Procurement Associate, Rochester, NY
L3Harris Work Perks
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Location: Torrance, CA
Job ID: AS20210502-56247
We currently have an opening for a Contracts Manager to safeguard the company’s interests in all aspects of the contract management lifecycle at our Torrance, CA location. You will negotiate contracts and agreements and provide knowledge and guidance in all areas related to contracts including terms, negotiations, proposals, disputes, and interpretation. Other responsibilities will include:
- Partner with program managers and manage a portfolio of contracts with a variety of contract types and customers.
- Support program managers and other internal stakeholders through the entire lifecycle of the contract.
- Within delegated authority limits, work with internal stakeholders to develop and negotiate contracts to obtain the best possible commercial arrangement without compromising business objectives.
- Lead and support negotiations with customers to achieve the best position for L3Harris with regard to scope, price, schedules, terms, payments, etc.
- Handle the drafting of teaming agreements, non-disclosure agreements and other related agreements.
- Serve as a pivotal member of the integrated product team for all contractual matters, maintaining positive customer relationships.
- Conduct pre- and post-contract award reviews with internal stakeholders to ensure that contractual obligations are known, understood, and properly addressed.
- Input executed contracts into our contract management system (Infor LN).
- At least six years of contract management experience.
- Demonstrated negotiation skills, with successful experience in complex commercial, Department of Defense, and U.S. Government negotiations.
- Proven track record of successful contract management across a variety of contracts types and customers, including resolution of disputes, equitable adjustments, and renegotiation based on issues which arise during the program.
- Proficiency bidding to and managing contracts.
- A high degree of attention to detail regarding contract terms, requirements, and proposal reviews.
- Ability to constructively challenge others and take a robust stance when required to promote or defend the company’s position.
- Advanced Microsoft Office proficiency and experience with ERP systems such as Infor LN or SAP.
- A relevant bachelor’s degree is required; professional accreditations such as NCMA certification are a plus, and an advanced degree (JD or MBA) is desirable.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.