Torrance, CaliforniaJob ID AS20212801-55796
What makes a successful Business and Operations team member at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
My favorite part of working for L3Harris is knowing that the parts that I procure go into products that help save lives.Lizzie, Procurement Associate, Rochester, NY
L3Harris Work Perks
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
L3Harris, Electron Devices Division is currently seeking a Buyer for our Torrance, CA location. In this role, you will be responsible to negotiate, procure, and provide materials, supplies and services cost-effectively and in a timely manner while maintaining the highest level of integrity, quality, and on time deliveries. Other roles and responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Obtain quotes, negotiate, and procure materials and services for the best value.
- Prepare required paperwork for Purchase Order package, shippers, RFPs/RFQs, supplier and interdepartmental correspondence, etc.
- Verify accuracy of all documentation including but not limited to supplier proposals to purchase orders, file documentation, invoices and receipts, and sign purchase orders.
- Interface with both current and potential suppliers in order to (1) determine best price and delivery for current requirements, and (2) remain abreast of economic and business situations relating to procurement activity.
- Assist other departments by obtaining samples and data books for Engineering, Certifications of Inspection, and clarifying paperwork for Receiving, Inspection, and Accounting, etc.
- Maintain total ownership of supplier’s deliveries. Actions taken could include obtaining prints, samples, delivery dates, corrective action, and resolution to discrepant materials. Will likely involve negotiating with supplier when supplier caused rework occurs.
- Process rejected materials back to supplier within a timely manner of receipt of dispositioned MDR.
- Continue to develop new vendors and participate with Engineering in the evaluation and selection of alternate source of supply in accordance with Director Approval.
- Buyer is responsible for reporting accurate and up to date information both in MTO and in production team meetings as assigned. Due to working in a lean production environment, the buyer shall strive to meet a performance metric of 100% current data in both MTO and in shortage reporting in accordance with company procedures.
- Interface with Engineering/Planning on Drawing discrepancies, B.O.M., and EO’s. Work with Program Managers on problems which effect meeting contract requirements.
- Make periodic visits to manufacturers and suppliers to assure procurement standards are being maintained. Buyers whose commodities have vendor partnerships are required to work in accordance with partnership agreements. This could mean a more responsive time frame, a higher level of involvement and more frequent supplier visits to inspire supplier success, which will affect PPI success.
- Buyers will do desk audits on a weekly basis to determine if their desk “queue” is meeting company standards of placing requisitions, updating purchase orders, processing RTVs, MDRs, AVRs and tracking to completion to avoid delivery impact, ensure suppliers are meeting current quality acceptance and on time delivery goals. When workload prevents buyer from accomplishing above noted standards, report to upper management and strategize solutions.
- Bachelor's degree and at least two years of related experience
- Experienced in Military Electronic, Electrical Material, make to print, and/or general purchasing experience as applicable to commodity assigned.
- Experienced in Government Documentation of Purchasing records.
- Experienced in interfacing with multiple departments.
- Experienced in negotiations, price/cost analysis, and the development of new suppliers that meet Government Requirements.
- Advanced Excel skills preferred.
- Experience with lean concepts and practices a plus
- Must be self-motivated, a go getter that is looking to progress in their career
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.