Business Development Lead
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $17 billion in annual revenue, 50,000 employees and customers in more than 130 countries. L3Harris.com
Job Title: Business Development Lead
Job Code: AS20200807-47566
Job Location: Torrance, CA
- The successful candidate will work effectively with the Electron Devices Division (EDD) Business Development (BD) leadership as well as program, technical and functional entities to coach matrixed capture teams in the pursuit, shaping, bidding and winning of new and recompeted business opportunities, as well as serving a subject matter expert for EDD. This position will support EDD as part of the Aerospace Products Sector. Taking direction from the Sr. Mgr., Business Development, the successful candidate will:
- Evolve EDD Air, Sea and Ground based Business Development/Capture best practices, processes, and tools.
- Align with sector BD leader to address top priorities and critical pursuits, to win new business.
- Develop and coach matrixed Capture Teams to create comprehensive win and keep-it-sold strategies.
- Ensure detailed collection and assessment of competitive information from Program Management, Engineering, and others with opportunities to collect insights.
- Use the above to actively shape opportunities
- Facilitate Win Strategy, Color Teams, and Price to Win activities (as required)
- Recommend strategies and approaches for differentiation based on market and mission understanding, business deal, potential teaming, etc.
- Follow and leverage the L3Harris Business Acquisition Process and associated tools and methods.
- Ensure team understanding of the customers mission, strategy, unmet needs, problems, barriers via active listening, iteration.
- Additional responsibilities at the discretion of the Director, BD.
- Understand customer instructions, evaluation criteria, competitive landscape, L3Harris technology discriminators.
- Translate technical understanding of products and technology for purposes of customer communication and engagement.
- Broadly work with internal Harris functions to evaluate and implement new tools, procedures, and approaches to increase the efficiency and win percentage for new business opportunities.
- Assess and develop business deals that are competitively advantaged, while delivering results for Harris.
- Ensure opportunities include business cases that exceed targets and/or deliver strategic position for longer term growth.
- Act as a change agent for the business, ensuring innovations and developments are led to successful implementation.
- Support the day-to-day business rhythm and reporting.
- Flexibility to travel.
- Understanding of the DoD, International and other EDD customer areas.
- Active Secret or higher Security Clearance
- Bachelor's degree 8 years of related experience in DoD or defense or intelligence or government or Graduate Degree with a minimum of 10 years of experience in DoD or defense or intelligence or government.
- 3 years' experience leading successful capture and proposal efforts within DoD and/or Intelligence agencies and associated Prime contractors, or programmatic experience within the same emphasis areas within the US government. Experience should include captures greater than $50M and formal capture management training/certifications, i.e., Shipley; for recently separated government personnel, proof of experience in requirements generation, budget development, acquisition activities or direct work with prime contractors.
- Experience working with Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) and other Transaction Authority (OTA) contracting.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Disciplined, self-starting professional who can bring projects to closure with minimum direction, guidance and oversight.
- Proficiency with Microsoft office tools and Proposal generation tools.
- Understanding of EDD technology areas.
- Strong experience successfully leading capture teams.
- Ability to lead and develop relationships with geographically dispersed team.
- Demonstrated ability in competitive analysis, customer analysis, win strategy development, proposal and color team leadership and price-to win analysis.
- Ability to quickly and independently position to win new business, under limited supervision.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.
No Recently Viewed Jobs
Notice of Collection of Personal Information for California Residents
To Applicants for Employment Positions or Independent Contractor Engagements
This Notice of Collection for California Residents explains how L3Harris Technologies, Inc., its affiliates and subsidiaries (collectively “L3Harris”, “we” or “us”) collect and use your personal information when you submit it to us by website, email, paper, or other method to apply for employment with L3Harris or for work as an independent contractor. Note that, in many cases, we will supplement the information you provide with (a) background check results and, where relevant, driving record information from third parties; (b) other information from third parties that you instruct or authorize to send information to us; and (c) any relevant information from publicly available sources.
If you are a prospective employee, the categories of personal information listed below that we receive will be used to assess your suitability as an L3Harris employee, to evaluate your qualifications for available or anticipated employment positions at L3Harris, and for the purposes of complying with applicable laws. Unless you direct otherwise in writing, we may (but are not obligated to) retain the personal information you provide for up to two years and we may use that information to consider your eligibility for any available or anticipated employment positions at L3Harris during that time.
If you are a prospective independent contractor, the categories of personal information listed below that we receive will be used to assess your suitability for available or anticipated engagements to perform work for L3Harris as an independent contractor, and for the purposes of complying with applicable laws. Unless you direct otherwise in writing, we may (but are not obligated to) retain the personal information you provide for up to two years and we may use that information to consider your eligibility for any available or anticipated engagements to perform work for L3Harris as an independent contractor during that time.
The categories of personal information we may collect and process (but only to the extent and in a manner that is consistent with applicable law) are as follows:
- Personal identifiers and demographics. L3Harris collects personal identifiers (such as your name, contact information, Social Security number, driver’s license number, and passport number) and demographic information (such as your date of birth). Sensitive identifiers such as Social Security, passport, and driver’s license numbers should only be collected when there is a need for those identifiers (for example, to comply with immigration requirements or for the purposes of obtaining driving records or background checks).
- Job preference information. L3Harris will receive the information you submit about your job preferences (such as the posting and description of the job to which you apply, your compensation expectations, and your preferred start date).
- Professional, employment, and education information. L3Harris collects professional and employment-related information (such as information in your cover letter and resume/CV and a list of skills) and education information (such as certifications, license, academic transcripts, and confirmations of attendance at an educational institution).
- Health-related information. L3Harris may receive health-related information from you that is relevant to your application, such as when you provide information about your ability to perform certain job functions, the need for accommodations, or a disability. Please note that this notice is not intended to address any health information generated or maintained in connection with the L3Harris group health plan(s), which is governed by the US Health Information Portability and Accountability Act (“HIPAA”) and is addressed separately in the other notices, policies, and procedures.
- Protected class information. L3Harris may receive protected class information from you as defined by applicable law (such as race, gender, copies of citizenship and right to work information, and veteran status).
- Comments. L3Harris receives any comments and messages you submit along with your job applications.
- Background check and public records information. With your permission, L3Harris may receive background check results and information contained in public government records (such as work history, credit history, driving records, criminal records, and court records).
- Publicly available information. L3Harris may review publicly available social media pages and other public Internet postings, to the extent permissible under applicable law.
- Signature Data. L3Harris collects your signature and related authentication details in connection with any documents you electronically or physically sign and provide to L3Harris. This information may be used to maintain the integrity of our processes, enforce rights, prevent fraud, and validate your identity.
In addition, we may automatically collect other categories of personal information when you use a L3Harris website to submit your application to us. We use this information to provide and improve our website and job application processes, for anti-fraud purposes, and to create aggregate internal reports on website usage and activity, such as views of certain job postings. These additional categories may consist of:
- Online identifiers. L3Harris may collect your IP address and other online identifiers when you use L3Harris websites.
- Website activity information. L3Harris may monitor and collect L3Harris website activity information, such as website clicks, content and page views, and the website each visitor visited prior to our website.
Note that application information may be collected by us directly through our website or by email, and/or application information may be collected on our behalf by our contracted third-party administrators.
If you have any questions concerning the above, please contact us at privacy.info@L3Harris.com