Systems and Requirements Engineering Associate Manager
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
L3Harris has employees in a number of different countries across the world. We are providing opportunities to work on challenging and stimulating projects, together with purposeful career development, a great working environment and competitive total reward offerings to ensure that we are able to attract the best talent who can enjoy rewarding careers with L3Harris.
Job Title – Systems and Requirements Engineering Associate Manager
Job Location – Brighton, UK
Job ID – SAS20200809-50353
About the role:
We are looking for a Systems and Requirements Engineering Associate Manager to join our team in Brighton and be responsible for leading a team of five engineers who perform technical planning, system integration, verification and validation, cost, risk, supportability and effectiveness analyses for total systems. Analyses are performed at all levels of total system product to include; concept, design, fabrication, test, installation, operation, maintenance and disposal.
Within this role as an Associate Manager it will also encompass the management of Safety and Reliability and Configuration Management. ILS is currently subcontracted out, but this function also requires management with the possibility of developing an internal capability.
Responsibilities of the role:
- Performs technical planning, system integration, verification and validation, cost and risk and supportability and effectiveness analyses for total systems.
- Optimise process and procedures for Systems and Requirements (including DOORs), Safety and Reliability, Configuration Management and ILS functional.
- Prioritise activities for Systems and Requirements, Safety and Reliability, Configuration Management and ILS functional activities.
- Ensures the logical and systematic conversion of customer or product requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule and cost constraints.
- Performs functional analysis, timeline analysis, detail trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware and software specifications.
- Supervise individual(s) typically professional Engineers.
- Lead, direct and review the work of direct report(s) to accomplish near-term operational plans and results.
- Provide input on hiring, promotion, performance and/or compensation decisions for own organisation
- Support project monthly estimating and manage own work to meet cost estimates and schedule
- Support Investigations, solutions and write reports
- Follow procedures to meet the requirements of ISO-9001
- Support internal, customer and supplier meetings
- Comply with QA requirements and QA procedures
Experience & Skills:
- 15 years Product System Development experience
- Experience across multiple sectors including aerospace.
- Mechanisms and pneumatics an advantage
- Full life cycle design experience required
- Perform work accurately and with minimal supervision
- Design problems and challenges to be resolved quickly and ingeniously
- Low product costs to be designed in from the outset
- Extraordinary effort to be made to rectify delays and overcome difficulties
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance relevant to the country of the position. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws.