Supplier Development Engineer
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title – Supplier Development Engineer
Job Location – Brighton, UK with travel
Job ID – SAS20200611-52782
About the role:
We are seeking two Supplier Development Engineers (one mid-level and one more senior) to join our Procurement Team in Brighton. The roles will report to the Supply Chain Manager and join a team of 10. Frequent travel within the UK with occasional overseas travel will be a prerequisite for this role so a driving licence and willingness to travel is essential.
Responsibilities of the role:
- Interface with Procurement, Project, Engineering & Quality teams to prioritise supplier development needs.
- Assess & audit new and existing supplier capabilities, ensure suppliers meet requirements for product, cost, quality, capacity and fulfilment performance.
- Responsible for leading the solution for supplier product realisation, driving Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP), Production Part Approval Process (PPAP), customer interaction, supplier interaction, Value Analysis/Value Engineering (VA/VE) support, supplier component development & approval and supplier cost improvements.
- Act as consultant to communicate & coach the Quality, Manufacturing, Engineering and procurement organisations to drive cost effective improvements to Quality and Manufacturing processes, minimising waste, introduce new products and improve product design.
- Provide technical expertise and leadership to sourcing and development of suppliers, with respect to technology, performance, quality, cost, logistics and delivery.
- Develop positive relationships and work closely with sourcing leaders to manage, implement and track supplier and engineering, design changes, capacity studies and New Product Introduction, and transfers
- Provide leadership during investigations of problems and or special projects focusing on developing working relationships with suppliers, with regard to product development and procurement of parts.
- Work with Design, Manufacturing Engineering & Quality teams, define process parameters and criteria to ensure supplier process capability is effective to meet product and process requirements.
Experience & Skills:
- Lead Auditor (Certified).
- Strong knowledge of Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP), Production Part Approval Process (PPAP), Failure Mode and Effect Analysis (FMEA).
- Experience managing supplier relationships and cross functional teams.
- Strong knowledge of procurement lifecycle and supply chain management principals
- Substantial experience in a high complex manufacturing environment, preferably in the aerospace/defence industry.
- Experience working in an ISO9001/AS9100 environment.
- Substantial experience in supplier development.
- Relevant manufacturing/engineering qualification would be beneficial
- Highly organised and able to work independently in a fast-paced environment with limited supervision.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance relevant to the country of the position. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws.