Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Safety & Reliability Engineer
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title – Safety & Reliability Engineer
Job Location – Brighton, UK (some remote working available up to two days per week)
Job ID – SAS20212009-69598
About the role:
L3Harris in Brighton are part of our Mission Avionics sector operating in the Aerospace domain specialising in airborne weapons carriage release and electro-mechanical systems.
We are looking for a Safety & Reliability Engineer to join our team working on complex electronics, mechanical, electro-mechanical and pneumatic subsystems.
Responsibilities of the role:
- Calculate product reliability by carrying out analysis to calculate failure rates, MTBF’s and other calculations related to reliability.
- Ability to understand and interpret customer/internal RM&T specifications to extract technical requirements.
- Develop, coordinate and conduct technical RMS studies and evaluations of engineering designs relative to ; reliability predictions, Safety Management Plans, Fault Tree Analysis, FMECA’s, Hazardous Materials List, Hazard Analysis etc.
- Write safety cases including supporting documentation.
- Analyze Failure Modes Effects and Criticality Analyses
- Reliability prediction experience
- Parts selection and control, testability, and failure reporting and corrective action resolution
- Parts stress de-rating
- Fault Tree Analysis
- Testability and BIT coverage analyses
- System Safety Hazard Analysis
- Analysis of logistics elements such as Spares Provisioning, Level of Repair Analysis and/or Life-Cycle Cost analysis.
Experience & Skills:
- Degree qualified in Engineering, Maths, Physics or related engineering field or equivalent experience
- Experience working within the guidelines of RMS (Reliability, Maintainability and Supportability) Government Specifications, Handbooks and applications.
- Experience with reliability analysis with high integrity, safety critical systems
- Experience with reliability prediction software- e.g. RELEX, Weibull Block SIM,
- Interest in forensic engineering, failure analysis, root cause and corrective action.
- Goal Structure Notation(GSN) experience would be very advantageous but not essential
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance relevant to the country of the position. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws.