Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title – Project Controller
Job Location – Brighton, UK
Job ID – SAS20211105-61096
About the role:
L3Harris in Brighton are part of our Mission Avionics sector operating in the Aerospace and Defence domain. We are looking for a Project Controller to join our Programme Management Team in Brighton reporting to our Head of Programmes. The role will be focused on the planning and scheduling of multiple projects across our business, liaising with multiple stakeholders across Engineering, Project Management and other departments.
Responsibilities of the role:
- Responsible for bringing schedule expertise to deliver consistent and accurate project schedules for the more complex L3Harris projects. The role will also require preparation and guidance for Earned Value Management (EVM) and Schedule Risk Analysis (SRA) on major programmes.
- Working closely with the Project Managers and other stakeholders to ensure project schedules follow best practice and are created in a consistent manor and appropriately detailed, resourced and maintained in accordance with L3harris project management standards and processes.
- Provide support to Project/Programme Managers in the production and review and assessment of L3Harris projects; plans, issues, risks and opportunities, ensuring all key items are accurately reflected in project schedules and corresponding resource plans, specifically:
- Analysis and reporting – Analysing and reporting data to develop a complete and accurate picture that will inform decisions regarding the management, quality and control of projects.
- Performance and Baseline management – Identifying, agreeing and implementing appropriate performance management techniques for the project. This includes identifying trends and deviations from the original plan and recommending appropriate corrective actions.
- Schedule control – Identifying, applying and evaluating schedule control techniques, which support the management of progress against a timetable and consider factors such as limited resources and estimating uncertainty.
- Cost control – Identifying, applying and evaluating cost control techniques to support the monitoring, managing and reporting of costs.
- Quality control – identifying, applying and evaluating quality control techniques to support the monitoring and managing of quality.
- Risk control – Identifying, applying and evaluating risk control techniques to inform the risk management process.
- Carry out resource aggregations from the current and forward schedules to drive efficient resource management and skills heat-maps.
- Work with the Engineering Team Leads on a weekly basis regarding resource allocations, generating various resource reports and developing new reports.
- Contribute to and produce project management reports, including weekly reports, customer reports, input into bi-weekly reports, monthly reports, adhoc status and stand-up/visual management in line with the project process.
- Contribute to Financial Management. Support the business planning with regards to the production of sales and cash and invoicing. To be accountable for revenue and gross margin achievement on standard orders/customer funded/IRAD projects, monitoring the expenditures and costs against delivered and realised benefits as the projects progress. Reporting financial data and forecasts on managed and other identified projects.
- Support the Project Management department to produce inputs and prepare presentations for the resourcing purposes and provide analysis on the data changes month on month.
Experience & Skills:
- Demonstrable direct experience of project planning, costing, risk-management and change management within an Engineering environment/company
- Highly computer literate including MS Office and ‘super-user’ MS Project skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills combined with experience of managing relationships with all levels of the business.
- Full project lifecycle experience including the practical and effective use of formal project and risk management tools and methodologies
- Knowledge of Earned Value management and Schedule Risk Analysis.
- Industry recognised Project Management qualification, such as APM
- Aerospace or Defence industry
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance relevant to the country of the position. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws.