L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title – Manufacturing Technician
Job Location – Brighton, UK
Job ID – SAS20201410-51818
About the role:
The Manufacturing Technician will be responsible for assembly and test of electro-mechanical products. Working to defined test procedures in accordance with company drawings/specifications and ensuring product performance and quality requirements are met. They will follow planning and processes in accordance with works order route cards and complete test sheets and enter test data on a database. They will also be responsible for goods-in inspection of electrical components. i.e.cables and harnesses in accordance with pre-defined inspection criteria.
Responsibilities of the role:
- Carry out preliminary electrical checks such as resistance, inductance and continuity tests
- Perform linearity checks for electrical and mechanical properties
- Carry out electrical test and inspection to drawings and specifications, using appropriate equipment such as an oscilloscope, power supplies, meters, etc.
- Perform inter-stage and final tests, for example on frame scan motors, such as torque loading and adjustments by demagnetising or degaussing techniques
- Carry out electrical assembly such as solder wires, tags and components to component boards or terminals
- Ensure appropriate test sheets and traceability documentation is accurately maintained
- Supporting and verifying first offs of electro-mechanical assemblies and inter-stage assemblies.
- Build and test electro/mechanical assembly’s which include bearing fitting, measurement of shaft radial and end play, assembly and alignment of optical graticules for frame scan motors and various other precision components used on aircrafts
Experience & Skills:
- ONC/HNC in an engineering/manufacturing discipline with experience of running tests in an electro-mechanical environment
- Be able to understand and interpret electro-mechanical drawings
- Complete defect investigation reports (DIR’s) on repairs
- Cirris cable test programming
- Fault finding electro-mechanical equipment including PCB’s to component level
- Analytical and methodical approach to work
- Ability to work to deadlines and prioritise workload appropriately.
- Attention to detail
- IT proficient
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance relevant to the country of the position. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws.