Integration & Test Manager
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
L3Harris has employees in a number of different countries across the world. We are providing opportunities to work on challenging and stimulating projects, together with purposeful career development, a great working environment and competitive total reward offerings to ensure that we are able to attract the best talent who can enjoy rewarding careers with L3Harris.
Job Title – Integration & Test Manager
Job Location – Brighton, UK
Job ID – SAS20201507-47875
About the role:
This position will report to the Engineering Manager and be responsible for managing a small team of Test Engineers and Technicians. You will also manage the product test and integration of electro-mechanical sub-systems from the prototype design through development, installation and commissioning of the completed systems. You will ensure electrical and physical requirements meet program technical, schedule and cost objectives.
Responsibilities of the role:
- Team leadership and further professional development of the team
- Planning development, documentation and execution of test specifications
- Managing analysis of the test results, support for trade studies, development of test and installation plans, verification of interface control documents, compatibility of physical and functional interfaces and first article production integration.
- Investigate and implement solutions to products, process or test problems.
- Analysis of requirements for integration and/or testability.
- Develop and implements both hardware and software system level test programs, plans, specifications and customer acceptance.
- Designing, developing and implementing cost effective procedures for testing and troubleshooting subassemblies, assemblies and systems.
- Analyse and document test results.
Experience & Skills:
- Management of a Test and Integration development environment and team within an electro-mechanical domain (Environmental, Vibration, Strength and Performance testing)
- Strong team leadership
- Understanding of product lifecycle and where Test and Integration fits within that lifecycle
- Distillation of test requirements from test programmes and scheduling testing accordingly (design assurance and qualification)
- Scheduling test programmes in an environment of conflicting priorities
- Environmental testing: Temperature, Humidity, Vibration
- Diagnosis of faults/issues
- Sensors — accelerometers, load cells, pressure transducers, LVDT
- Feedback of test results into design process
- Standard laboratory test equipment (multimeters, verniers)
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance relevant to the country of the position. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws.