L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title – Software Engineers
Job Location – Tewkesbury, UK
Job ID – SAS20212801-55731
About the role:
We are looking for Software Engineers (various level from mid to Principal level) to join our Intelligence & Cyber team working on next generation data encryption technology and R&D projects.
You will be responsible for designing, implementing and testing software for use in cyber security products. You will be an integral part of a team involved in the design, development and verification of complete systems evolving from our flagship CATAPAN product family.
Experience & Skills:
- Previous Software Engineering experience with solid embedded C++ code development & review
- Solid experience of object orientated design and implementation principles
- Linux application and/or driver development experience within an embedded Linux platform desirable, not essential
- Development automated software testing methods desirable, not essential
- Experience of using source control tools
- Appreciation of Continuous Integration and DevOps tools such as GitLab/Jenkins
- Effective problem-solving skills
- Ability to create proficient designs and implement them
- Good communication skills to work as part of a dynamic development team
- Degree qualified or equivalent in relevant subject, or qualified by experience
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance relevant to the country of the position. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws.