Senior FPGA Engineer
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title – Senior FPGA Engineer
Job Location – Tewkesbury, UK
Job ID – SAS20210103-57281
About the role:
We are looking for an FPGA Engineer to join our engineering team developing the next generation of Cyber Security and Electronic Warfare products. You will be an integral part of a team involved in the research, design, development and verification of complete systems to deliver products and capability to our customers.
Your Experience & Skills
Please note that we are open minded to level and proficiency in the below, so please do not hesitate to apply.
- Experience of the design, implementation and verification of FPGA systems, primarily using VHDL.
- Degree qualified either in Engineering, Computer Science or similar related subject.
- Experience targeting Xilinx FPGA and System on a Chip (SoC) devices
- Experience of FPGA simulation using Mentor Graphics Modelsim or QuestaSim tools
- Good knowledge of existing and legacy Xilinx FPGA build tools (ISE & Vivado)
- Experience with modern, team-based version control systems
- Ability to develop and maintain scripted build flows (TCL/ Python)
- Ability to independently perform research and exploratory tasks using publically available software and information sources.
- An enthusiasm for working with new and evolving technologies
- Some experience of software development (using C, C++ and Python)
- Experience of developing fixed point algorithms on FPGA
- Knowledge of DSP algorithm design
- Experience of FPGA implementation of modern communications systems
- Experience with Matlab and similar DSP modelling tools
- Experience with Continuous Integration approaches and tools (e.g. Jenkins)
- Working with open source software and tools.
- Use of Agile principles and Scrum development
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance relevant to the country of the position. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws.