Marketing Content Writer
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title – Marketing Content Writer
Job Location – Tewkesbury, UK (although fully remote working currently available)
Job ID – SAS20202011-53466
About the role:
We’re seeking a Marketing Content Writer to join our Marketing & Communications Team and report into our Marketing Manager. The role will be responsible for creating relevant, informative and compelling marketing content that drives business growth in the areas of demand generation, customer acquisition, loyalty and evangelism, and brand trust and awareness.
Responsibilities of the role:
- Developing content that is thoughtfully targeted to various personas and stages in a customer journey
- Wide-ranging writing across a range of traditional and digital platforms: emotional story-driven narratives, editorial-style articles covering industry trends, technical product-focused writing, punchy copy for advertisements etc.
- Keeping on top of relevant news and trends and incorporate this into your writing
- Liaising closely with our communications and creative team to maintain brand continuity across all platforms and creative visuals that bring your copy to life
- Delivering messages internally and externally to our colleagues and customers using our company “tone”, “language” and “culture”
- Understanding and projecting core business messages reaching the relevant target audiences
- Incorporating SEO best practices into writing, including the integration of keywords and in-line links
- Managing an editorial calendar of ongoing content projects
- Understanding complex, technical information and turning it into compelling messaging targeting sell language for multiple audiences
Experience & Skills:
- Previous experience in a marketing content writing or copywriting role
- Proven expertise of writing creative, compelling technical and promotional content
- Has excellent written communication and grammatical skills with the ability to take and positively influence briefs with your own innovative ideas
- Versatile and comfortable moving between writing styles and subject matter
- Solid understanding of the audience and what content resonates with them
- Comfortable working with internal and external subject matter experts and translating their input into highly consumable written content
- Able to handle multiple projects, deadlines and priorities
- Self-motivated and able to work both independently and as part of a team
- Defence/Aerospace industry knowledge is preferred, but not a pre-requisite
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance relevant to the country of the position. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws.