L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
L3Harris has employees in a number of different countries across the world. We are providing opportunities to work on challenging and stimulating projects, together with purposeful career development, a great working environment and competitive total reward offerings to ensure that we are able to attract the best talent who can enjoy rewarding careers with L3Harris.
Job Title – ILS Manager
Job Location – Tewkesbury, UK
Job ID – SAS20200710-51537
We are looking for an ILS Manager to join our Customer Services Team in Tewkesbury. You will be responsible for supporting bids and programmes through the definition and delivery of key ILS activities. You will have a real opportunity to grow and shape this key specialism within the organisation and contribute as part of a focused team on the design, delivery and sustainability of cutting edge technologies.
Responsibilities of the role:
- Responsibility for the definition and estimation of ILS proposals that are compliant to Customer ITT Statement of Requirements
- Responsibility for the implementation and delivery of contractual ILS requirements through all phases of the project life cycle, including capturing and managing ILS Risks and Opportunities
- Responsibility for direct customer interfacing activity, including representation at Logistic Support Committees, ILS Working Groups and Customer Programme, Design and ILS Reviews
- Supporting new product development programmes in line with ILS principles and design for supportability
- Management of ILS Sub-Contractors and third parties as applicable
Experience & Skills:
- Background in an Engineering field with relevant qualifications or practical experience in ILS Management
- Experience working in Defence or UK Government/MOD in the field of ILS
- Be fully conversant with common ILS Defence Standards along with the procedural guidance and advice described in JSP 886/DLF, DEFSTAN 00-600
- Prior experience in production of ILS Statements of Work including for subcontractors/suppliers and subcontractor management.
- Working knowledge of ILS Modelling Tools (including WLC Modelling)
- Strong financial understanding to prepare estimates and ensure ILS cost drivers are accounted for and assessed within programme activity
- Experience of defining and delivering Contractor Logistics Support (CLS) for Service Delivery within a mixed Logistic Support community (Military/Civilian).
- Ability to work as part of a team, with strong influencing skills, the confidence to work independently and make recommendations.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance relevant to the country of the position. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws.