Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Tewkesbury, United Kingdom; Fleet, United KingdomJob ID SAS20233108-105472
What makes a successful team member at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
A dynamic market environment combined with pioneering technology and a collaborative team, makes every day interesting and engaging.Thomas, Program Finance Manager, Crawley, UK
L3Harris Work Perks
- Private medical insurance and group life assurance
- Benefit allowance to help you pay for insurance
- Options for dental and critical illness coverage as well as a health cash plan and gym membership
- Employee and Family discount programme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Optional partner life assurance
- Generous annual holiday allowance
- Retirement savings plan with employer contribution
- Employee assistance programme to provide advice and guidance on finance, mental health, and more
- Casual “dress for your day” policy
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 50,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title – Hardware Engineer
Job Location – Tewkesbury & Fleet, UK.
Flexible, condensed or reduced working hours considered and hybrid working where possible.
Job ID: SAS20233108-105472
About this opportunity and L3Harris UK
L3Harris in Tewkesbury and Fleet are part of our ICI division, we work closely with UK Government and Security Agencies primarily in the areas of Crypto/Cyber Security and Electronic Warfare including Counter IED capability.
If you’re ready to take the next step in your career, we have an opportunity for a Hardware Engineering Specialist to work in our Hardware team. You will be joining a team of eight others working on a wide range of component-level design in the development of our products. This typically includes integrating high-speed data converters, high-end FPGAs, ARM-based System-on-Chip devices and associated power supply circuitry onto mixed signal PCBs. We use SPICE and Mentor Graphics signal integrity and schematic tools to capture designs.
A few of our employee benefits are:
- Flexible, condensed or reduced working hours considered and hybrid working where possible
- 12pm finish every Friday
- 25 days holiday per year (plus bank holidays), increasing with long service and with the opportunity to buy/sell up to 5 days
- Private medical insurance with optional family cover
- Pension scheme of up to 7% employer contribution
- Life Assurance 4x salary (flexible up to 10x)
- Group income protection
- Flexible opt-in extras such as a health care cash plan, dental insurance, gym membership, critical illness cover and cycle to work scheme
- Employee assistance program providing mental health and wellbeing support
- Professional registration with the IET
What the role will involve
The responsibilities of the Hardware Engineer will include the following:
- Responsibility for the design and overall quality of complex electronic sub-systems.
- Specification and design of circuits containing functionality including:
- Multi-gigabit High Speed Serial channels (PCIE, 10G Ethernet, USB3 and JESD204B)
- Memory (DDR3, DDR4, Flash)
- Microprocessor (including ARM), FPGA (Xilinx, Intel) and MPSoC (Xilinx)
- Power supply design including filtering / isolation, point of load and power sequencing
- Clock tree including jitter specification
- JTAG/Boundary Scan
- Design analysis using industry standard tools such Siemens HyperLynx (SI / PI) and Spice.
- Collaboration with support functions and wider engineering disciplines e.g. software, firmware, PCB and mechanical engineering.
- Support of junior engineers through technical leadership and guidance.
- Estimation, planning and execution of work to build business confidence, report progress and deliver projects.
- Good understanding of the electronics component market and current offerings
What you’ll bring
The role of Hardware Engineer requires the following experience and skills:
- Experience of high-speed digital and analogue hardware design, simulation, implementation and verification.
- Integration and test of PCB assemblies and systems.
- Requirements elicitation and management.
- Experience and knowledge of tools and techniques required to development production ready electronic products such as Design for Test, Design for Assembly and Design for Manufacture.
- Experience of Change Management systems (ARAS PLM, Windchill) to manage component and products lifecycle data through the implementation for Problem Reports, Engineering Change Requests, etc.
Important to know
Due to the nature of our work, many our roles require a UK nationality and the ability to obtain a security clearance. Applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information and will be subject to government security checks.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination and offers equal opportunities for all. Applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, and marriage and civil partnerships.
Thank you for your patience as we transition to a new applicant tracking system. Please be aware that you may have applications in more than one system at this time and, as a result, you may receive communications regarding your applications from multiple systems.