L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
L3Harris has employees in a number of different countries across the world. We are providing opportunities to work on challenging and stimulating projects, together with purposeful career development, a great working environment and competitive total reward offerings to ensure that we are able to attract the best talent who can enjoy rewarding careers with L3Harris.
Job Title – Contracts Manager
Job Location – Tewkesbury, UK
Job ID – SAS20202409-50971
About the role:
We are looking for a Contracts Manager to join our Commercial Department to safeguard the company’s interests in all aspects of commercial/contracts management lifecycle. This is the ideal opportunity for an established Contracts/Commercial Officer to progress their career to the next stage. The Contracts Manager will report to our Senior Contracts Manager and negotiate contracts/agreements and provide commercial knowledge and guidance to staff. Flexibility and home working is currently available for this role.
Responsibilities of the role:
- Within delegated authority limits, develop and negotiate contracts (working with internal stakeholders) to obtain the best possible commercial arrangement without compromising business objectives.
- Lead and support negotiations with customers to achieve the best position for L3Harris which reflects the agreed “sign-off” position.
- Handle the drafting of teaming agreements, non-disclosure agreements and other related agreements
- Liaise with projects and technical staff to ensure contracts accurately reflect the programme of work
- Work with finance colleagues to ensure acceptable cash flows and payment profiles are contractually agreed
- Present commercial aspects of proposals at internal bid reviews, to all levels of seniority throughout the L3Harris organisation.
- Work within L3Harris corporate guidelines for contracts and ethics
- Conduct pre and post contract award reviews with internal stakeholders to ensure the contractual obligations are known, understood and being properly addressed
- Input to and deliver the Commercial Department strategy
- Conduct Contract Management, supporting Project Managers and other internal stakeholders
Experience & Skills:
- Demonstrable negotiation skills with successful experience of complex commercial negotiation in the UK and international markets
- Experience of bidding to and managing contracts for the UK and international defence and security markets/customers.
- Experience of successful contract management across a variety of contracts types and customers
- Conscientious attitude and a high attention to detail towards contract and proposal reviews
- The ability to constructively challenge others and take a robust stance when required to promote/defend the company’s commercial position
- Excellent MS Office and general IT skills
- Relevant professional qualification/accreditation desirable
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance relevant to the country of the position. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws.