Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Spvr, Operations Mgmt - 2nd Shift
Tempe, ArizonaJob ID CS20211811-72975
What makes a successful Business and Operations team member at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
My favorite part of working for L3Harris is knowing that the parts that I procure go into products that help save lives.Lizzie, Procurement Associate, Rochester, NY
L3Harris Work Perks
- Medical with a High Deductible and traditional PPO plan options, as well as, vision and a full array of supplemental health benefits
- A doctors' service to help with referrals and second opinions for you, your family, and parents
- 4 weeks of paid parental leave for moms and dads
- Fertility treatment
- Subsidized backup childcare and eldercare
- Adoption assistance - $5,000 per adoption/$15,000 per employee
- Pet insurance
- No cap to your PTO time (for exempt employees)
- Dress for your day - wear what works for you at work
- Legal plan for you, your family, and parents
- Discount platform
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Supervisor, Operations Management - 2nd Shift
Job Location: Tempe, AZ
Job ID: CS20211811-72975
This position is eligible for 10% shift differential
Responsible for leading, developing, and coaching high performance work teams within an assigned manufacturing operation. This position will have responsibility for the safety, cost, quality, delivery, and productivity of an assigned team. This position will work closely with multiple functional areas to optimize materials flows, equipment, and workforce within the area to meet or exceed daily business objectives. The leader in this position must drive continuous improvement and remove waste from the information and material flows within the manufacturing process.
- Develop, coordinate, lead, and execute daily production plans in the achievement of company goals, including driving compliance to business requirements, such as reporting time and attendance, safety, audits, etc.
- Collaborate with various Project Managers, Planning, Engineering and Quality Assurance personnel to ensure timely on-time shipments of multiple product lines to our valued customers.
- Ability to adapt and succeed in a dynamic environment with ever-changing customer requirements.
- Report performance and analyze data to identify potential problems and issues: Assume ownership of the problem-solving process and develop sound plans and corrective actions to ensure adherence to quality standards, delivery schedules, cost performance, and safe working conditions.
- Develop and implement sound process controls; confirm routine quality and Team Leader checks and ensure all processes and procedures are executed using controlled methods and in accordance with work instructions.
- Ensure consistent and effective shift-to-shift coordination.
- Provide leadership and coaching that foster high team morale and effectiveness.
- Develop and cross-train team members to support operational plans; ensure training plans are effective and documented.
- Participate in tactical planning process.
- Lead and/or facilitate continuous improvement efforts and projects and incorporate continuous improvement into the daily operations.
- Create and maintain an environment where team members recommend and implement changes in procedures to improve value-added activities and eliminate non-value-added activities.
- Maintain neat and clean work areas and ensure compliance with safety and 5S standards; Ensure a safe work environment for all employees.
- Meet goals and metrics that include: Safety, Quality, Delivery, Cost, and Productivity
- Bachelor’s Degree in Operations Management, Engineering, Physical Science or Business Management from an accredited university and minimum of 2 years’ prior, relevant manufacturing supervisory experience, OR Associate’s Degree in related field (above) and a minimum of 6 years’ prior, relevant manufacturing supervisory experience.
- Lean Manufacturing and/or Six Sigma Green Belt certification desired.
- Must be able to effectively flow down goals from Manager into measurable tasks to subordinate levels.
- Must be able to provide effective coaching and mentoring to develop a high performing work team.
- Knowledge of ISO 9001 Quality Systems.
- Must have strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Must have an innate desire to learn and continually improve.
- Previous experience with vacuum technology and/or semiconductor processing desired.
- Previous experience in a high volume/high quality test environment desired.
- Prior experience in an electro-optical testing environment under low-light conditions desired.
- Previous Aerospace/Defense industry experience desired.
- United States citizenship required.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance within 1 year of hire date.
Skills/Abilities: Leadership; Initiative; Persistence; Integrity; Coaching and mentoring team members; Critical Thinking; Time Management; Motivating Others; Judgment and Decision Making; Effective Communication; Attention to Detail Adaptability/Flexibility; Effective Problem Solving.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.