Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Materials Development Engineer
Tempe, ArizonaJob ID CS20223006-85931
On the L3Harris team, your job is to secure the world. We don’t work here just for the advanced technology and equipment: We work here because we know what – and who – we’re protecting. From families to the intelligence community, and from our climate to our men and women in uniform – we’re making the world a safer place. Working in Software with L3Harris you'll join our team of qualified, diverse individuals and work in a fast-paced environment with high expectations, global scope, and a collaborative team setting.
What makes a successful Engineer at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Critical Thinker
- Detail Oriented
I love my job because every day there’s a new problem to tackle, a new skill to learn and an awesome team that has my back.Heather S., Engineer
L3Harris Work Perks
- Medical with a High Deductible and traditional PPO plan options, as well as, vision and a full array of supplemental health benefits
- A doctors' service to help with referrals and second opinions for you, your family, and parents
- 4 weeks of paid parental leave for moms and dads
- Fertility treatment
- Subsidized backup childcare and eldercare
- Adoption assistance - $5,000 per adoption/$15,000 per employee
- Pet insurance
- No cap to your PTO time (for exempt employees)
- Dress for your day - wear what works for you at work
- Legal plan for you, your family, and parents
- Discount platform
- 9/80 work schedule available for most U.S. employees, effective October 24, 2022.
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 47,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Materials Development Engineer
Job Location: Tempe, AZ
Job Code: CS20223006-85931
L3Harris – Integrated Vision Solutions (IVS) – Tempe, Arizona: Specializing in manufacture of image-intensifier (I2) tubes for applications to a range of night vision products used by military and commercial markets. ETO’s aviator-grade Gen III and Next-Gen night vision tubes are used in weapon sights and goggle systems by governments, warfighters, police units and others that demand the most advanced and reliable image-intensified (I2) systems available.
Performs a variety of engineering work in the development, improvement, and optimization of multiple processes and techniques utilized in the manufacture of I2 tubes, including vacuum deposition of inorganic and metallic films, glass processing, chemical etching and handling, materials analysis, and characterization. The work will include the design and development of new and novel deposition and material management processes as well as the improvement and optimization of current processes and materials targeting increased new image intensifier capabilities, manufacturing yield, and/or reduced variance. Emphasis will be in improvement of component performance, implementing manufacturing best practices, and developing optimized process recipes and methodologies. Success in this role will be measured by the timely new process development and supporting implementation of new processes into production, resulting in cost-savings associated with reduced tool down time, improved component level yield, and/or enhanced product performance.
- Collaborate with the Engineering Manager and other departmental engineers to coordinate project requirements and communicate current status
- Charter and lead projects with Engineering Team to improve process capability, reduce cycle time and/or labor cost, as assigned
- Estimate, negotiate, monitor, and report process development and qualification schedule
- Create various types of documentation (for use in production) using a variety of tools, including engineering and production review and release. Familiarity with TeamCenter is a plus.
- Required ability to professionally and effectively communicate, both verbally and in writing.
- Written - use of multimedia tools for briefings, ability to write procedures and reports. Verbal - ability to provide briefings in small to medium size groups of technicians, engineers and management
- Conduct research and development activities concerned with the improvement of various materials processes, typically around vacuum deposition of films.
- Lead and support the design and implementation of novel and improved materials handling and deposition processes.
- Enhance engineering team understanding of methodology through team collaboration and expertise sharing.
- Drive reduced process variation supporting proper documentation and publicized statistical process control.
- Oversee special projects, purchase required materials, assemble and verify operation, and coordinate validation testing in production environment
Bachelor’s Degree and minimum 4 years of prior relevant experience or 2 years post-Secondary/ Associates Degree and a minimum of 8 years of prior related experience. Graduate Degree and a minimum of 2 years of prior related experience.
- Requirement Reviews – Participate in reviews and work with manufacturing, product design and systems engineering to ensure proper implementation of features
- Develop work instructions for operational use of processing tools and support equipment as needed
- PhD with academic or industrial experience preferred.
- In-depth knowledge and application of physics, engineering principles, and concepts associated with various vacuum deposition techniques.
- Experience in process development of ALD, Sputtering, E-Beam Evaporation, MBE and other vacuum deposition techniques desired.
- In-depth knowledge of semiconductor and thin-film metrology techniques for vacuum deposition process development and control highly preferred, including: Ellipsometry, ECV, SIMS, Photoluminescence.
- Lean Manufacturing and/or Six Sigma Green Belt certification desired
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.