Manufacturing Supervisor - 2nd Shift
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $17 billion in annual revenue, 50,000 employees and customers in more than 130 countries. L3Harris.com
Job Title – Manufacturing Supervisor - 2nd Shift
Job Location – USA-AZ-Tempe
Job ID – CS20202602-42004
L3Harris- Electron Tube Operations (ETO) – Tempe, Arizona, manufactures image-intensifying tubes for applications to a range of night vision products used by military and commercial markets. ETO’s aviator-grade Gen III and Next-Gen night vision tubes are used in weapon sights and goggle systems by governments, warfighters, police units and others that demand the most advanced and reliable image-intensified (I2) systems available.
Responsible for leading, developing, and coaching high performance work teams within an assigned manufacturing operation. This position will have responsibility for the safety, cost, quality, delivery, and productivity of an assigned team. This position will work closely with multiple functional areas to optimize materials flows, equipment, and workforce within the area to meet or exceed daily business objectives. The leader in this position must drive continuous improvement and remove waste from the information and material flows within the manufacturing process.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES
- Develop, coordinate, lead, and execute daily production plans in the achievement of company goals, including driving compliance to business requirements, such as reporting time and attendance, safety, audits, etc.
- Collaborate with various Project Managers, Planning, Engineering and Quality Assurance personnel to ensure timely on-time shipments of multiple product lines to our valued customers.
- Ability to adapt and succeed in a dynamic environment with ever-changing customer requirements.
- Report performance and analyze data to identify potential problems and issues: Assume ownership of the problem solving process and develop sound plans and corrective actions to ensure adherence to quality standards, delivery schedules, cost performance, and safe working conditions.
- Develop and implement sound process controls; confirm routine quality and Team Leader checks and ensure all processes and procedures are executed using controlled methods and in accordance with work instructions.
- Ensure consistent and effective shift-to-shift coordination.
- Provide leadership and coaching that foster high team morale and effectiveness.
- Develop and cross-train team members to support operational plans; ensure training plans are effective and documented.
- Participate in tactical planning process.
- Lead and/or facilitate continuous improvement efforts and projects and incorporate continuous improvement into the daily operations.
- Create and maintain an environment where team members recommend and implement changes in procedures to improve value-added activities and eliminate non-value added activities.
- Maintain neat and clean work areas and ensure compliance with safety and 5S standards; Ensure a safe work environment for all employees.
- Meet goals and metrics that include: Safety, Quality, Delivery, Cost, and Productivity
- Bachelor’s Degree in Operations Management, Engineering, Physical Science or Business Management from an accredited university and minimum of 4 years’ prior, relevant manufacturing supervisory experience, OR Associate’s Degree in related field (above) and a minimum of 8 years’ prior, relevant manufacturing supervisory experience.
- Lean Manufacturing and/or Six Sigma Green Belt certification desired.
- Must be able to effectively flow down goals from Manager into measurable tasks to subordinate levels.
- Must be able to provide effective coaching and mentoring to develop a high performing work team.
- Knowledge of ISO 9001 Quality Systems.
- Must have strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Must have an innate desire to learn and continually improve.
- Previous experience with vacuum technology and/or semiconductor processing desired.
- Previous experience in a high volume/high quality test environment desired.
- Prior experience in an electro-optical testing environment under low-light conditions desired.
- Previous Aerospace/Defense industry experience desired.
- United States citizenship required.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance with 1 year of hire date.
Skills/Abilities: Leadership; Initiative; Persistence; Integrity; Coaching and mentoring team members; Critical Thinking; Time Management; Motivating Others; Judgment and Decision Making; Effective Communication; Attention to Detail Adaptability/Flexibility; Effective Problem Solving.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.