Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Engineering Technician A - Compressed Shift
Tempe, ArizonaJob ID CS20211511-72698
What makes a successful Business and Operations team member at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
My favorite part of working for L3Harris is knowing that the parts that I procure go into products that help save lives.Lizzie, Procurement Associate, Rochester, NY
L3Harris Work Perks
- Medical with a High Deductible and traditional PPO plan options, as well as, vision and a full array of supplemental health benefits
- A doctors' service to help with referrals and second opinions for you, your family, and parents
- 4 weeks of paid parental leave for moms and dads
- Fertility treatment
- Subsidized backup childcare and eldercare
- Adoption assistance - $5,000 per adoption/$15,000 per employee
- Pet insurance
- No cap to your PTO time (for exempt employees)
- Dress for your day - wear what works for you at work
- Legal plan for you, your family, and parents
- Discount platform
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Engineering Technician A - Compressed Day Shift - (Every Other Wednesday), Thursday, Friday, Saturday 6:00am-6:30pm)
Job Location: Tempe, AZ
Job Code: CS20211511-72698
The Engineering Tech (Exhaust Equipment Maintenance Technician’s) primary function is to perform a combination of installation, troubleshooting, repair, alignment and preventive maintenance of various manufacturing and support equipment. Candidate must perform a variety of component level repair tasks on assemblies and subassemblies to achieve product quality and departmental equipment availability goals. The primary functions of the position include but are not limited to:
- Unscheduled complex root cause diagnosis, troubleshooting and repair of manufacturing equipment
- Scheduled calendar and run-based preventative maintenance inspections of manufacturing equipment
- Troubleshoot and repair equipment in areas to include electronics, mechanics, vacuum technology, pneumatics, hydraulics, gas delivery, RF energy, Plasma Theory, High Voltage, Analog and Digital circuits, DC motors and PLCs
- Ability to use test equipment to include digital multimeters, oscilloscope, power meters, residual gas analyzers, leak detectors, pressure meters and amperage clamps
- Diagnose equipment failures and make necessary repairs through work instructions, vendor manuals, theory of operation, data results and general repair principles
- Interpret and read electronic schematics to troubleshoot and repair component level repairs to include discrete components, transformers, solid state relays, pumps, and motors
- Troubleshoot and repair mechanical failures to include bearings, gears, chains, and belts
- Diagnose and replace defective vacuum related components to include rough pumps, turbo pumps, cryogenic pump and ion pumps to include regular cryo pump regeneration
- Troubleshoot pneumatics components to include solenoids, air cylinders and switches
- Troubleshoot and repair RF components to include impedance matching and coaxial lines
- Troubleshoot and repair analog and digital input/output modules in applicable signal lines
- Perform Thin Films sputter and evaporative deposition systems troubleshooting, repair and preventive maintenance to include Electron Guns and High Voltage Power Supplies
- Must wear applicable PPE to include safety shoes, glasses, face shield, hard hats, etc.
- Must adhere to strict electrical safety procedures, work instructions to include OSHA Lock Out / Tag Out requirements to remove energy sources during applicable repair and preventive maintenance actions
- Coordinate with calibration department to verify that the equipment operates within the allowable process control tolerance or specification
- Complete and enter workorder repair actions in CMMS database identifying the repairs performed, replacement parts used, and alignments performed.
- Must obtain appropriate quotes for regular consumables and equipment spares to include submitting applicable parts requisitions for restocking
- Incumbent may be asked to perform other duties as required.
- Shift is either Sunday, Monday, Tuesday (Alternating Wed) evenings. 6pm to 6:30am or (Alternating Wed), Thursday, Friday and Saturday evenings 6pm to 6:30am.
- Requires a High School Diploma or equivalent with 0 to 3 years of prior related experience.
- Associate degree (or equivalent) – AS in Applied Science (Preferred)
- Ability to obtain and maintain Confidential Security Clearance within 12 months of hire
- 3 - 5 years minimum directly related previous experience in Equipment Maintenance
- Technical expertise in the specialty areas listed above in experience
- An innate desire to learn and continually improve repair skills and abilities
- Demonstrate a high degree of skill and accuracy in problem solving and analytical skills
- Attention to detail to exposures to hazardous solid, liquid and gas chemicals
- Ability to read and interpret electrical and mechanical blueprints and schematics
- Ability to perform precision electronic circuit alignments and calibrations
- Apply applicable theory and principles to troubleshoot and repair defective equipment
- Ability to document maintenance activities in computerized maintenance database
- Working knowledge of all Qualified Electrical Safety and Lockout/Tagout procedures applicable to the job and ability to comply within OSHA guidelines
- Apply applicable theory and principles to troubleshoot and repair defective equipment
- Basic computer skills (Microsoft Office, Excel, Outlook, CMMS)
- Ability to clearly read and write in English
- Ability to multitask to address multiple departmental equipment priorities
- Ability to work alone or with others
- Manual Dexterity
- Hand-eye coordination
- Good (correctable) eyesight (or ability to discern visually)
- Bending, stooping, kneeling, or crouching (or position oneself)
- Working in a fixed position (able to sit or stand for extended periods of time)
- Repetitive movement/motion
- Pinch-grip motion
- Lifting over 25 lbs.
- Intense concentration or attention
- Sensory attention: seeing (or otherwise)
- Prolonged sitting or standing
- Darkness or low lighting (in inspection and test areas)
Health and Safety:
- Mechanical hazards
- Electrical hazards
- Fire hazards
- Laser work
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.