Lead, Business Developmnt
Tampa, FloridaJob ID CS20211204-59538
What makes a successful Business and Operations team member at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
My favorite part of working for L3Harris is knowing that the parts that I procure go into products that help save lives.Lizzie, Procurement Associate, Rochester, NY
L3Harris Work Perks
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title – Lead, Business Development
Job Location – Tampa, FL
Job Code – CS20211204-59538
- L3Harris Technologies is pleased to offer a tremendous opportunity to a motivated, demonstrated high potential performer in international business.
- Technical skills and/or military experience required; relevant field experience preferred.
- Candidate will collaborate across the mission area, aiding in integration and support regional staffs worldwide in achieving their international objectives and expanding growth.
- Through the lead’s foreign military sales acumen and regional understanding they will further all phases of the business capture process including early opportunity identification, requirements shaping, qualification, competitive assessments, development of 'win' strategies, as well as participate in proposal efforts, and collaborate with other L3Harris regional representatives to maximize opportunity wins for the Company.
- The candidate will devote specific time to relationships to developing traditional and atypical security cooperation sales with diverse funded streams.
- The candidate will leverage their expertise to develop white papers and other concept presentations to support prospect development.
- The candidate will collaborate across L3Harris to leverage relationships in pursuit of new business opportunities.
- Qualified candidates will have a strong understanding of military communications and associated business development process, strong communications skills, and experience with military customers and lexicon.
- International experience, and strong knowledge of the aerospace and defense export market a significant plus.
- Interface, develop and foster relationships with counterparts supportive to the security cooperation enterprise, US government agencies, as well as international military delegations and representatives in order to prospect, shape and generate new opportunities by collaborating with sales and programs team, and business partners
- Maintaining visibility on USG funding and administration policy changes and assess the impact on international sales, programs and requirements
- Represent L3Harris at various International events and interface with Embassies and Defense attaches to brief L3Harris solutions, capabilities briefs to address requirements, requests for information, and ensure responsiveness to customers
- Superior verbal and writing skills, in order to develop and present executive level briefings, white papers, and conduct senior USG and foreign military representative engagements and capable of articulate communications to influence across all levels of internal and external organizations is required
- Mentor company associates, and international customers in understanding USG timing, lifecycle of security cooperation programs and navigation of statutory obligations in order to successfully achieve their objectives
- Assist in development and implementation of a successful integrated business, sales & marketing strategy to drive growth in international markets through strategic business leadership
- Work independently and/or collaboratively with Market Development, Programs and functional Directors and staff to provide leadership, guidance and support to ensure issues are resolved wherever possible without further escalation
- Area of operations is ~ 90% within the Tampa area with occasional travel to Rochester NY, Salt Lake City, UT, Melbourne, FL, domestically and internationally as necessary.
- Bachelor’s Degree and minimum 9 years of prior relevant experience. Graduate Degree and a minimum of 7 years of prior related experience.
- Minimum of 7 years working in the US DoD or USG agency in the area of security cooperation and/or foreign military sales
- US Citizenship with Active Secret security clearance
- Graduate Degree
- FAO with advanced SC staff experience at the GCC or higher
- DISCS/DISAM graduate
- Knowledge of USG budgeting and security assistance funding is desired
- Proven ability to develop/enhance customer intimacy
- Strategic Planning in Sales and BD
- relevant business development experience with military and international government customers preferred
- Mastery of Microsoft Office suite of applications
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.