Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Lead Software Engineers
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 47,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Lead, Software Engrg
Job Location: Australia-New South Wales -Sydney
Job Code: SAS20222102-77475
Trenchant is an elite global team of engineers and security researchers charged with building world-class computer security products.
Trenchant’s expertise is the by-product of the L3Harris acquisition of two highly-regarded information security businesses – Azimuth Security and Linchpin Labs. United under Trenchant, we are a key component of L3Harris’ Intelligence and Cyber International Division.
We are a trusted, discrete partner furnishing security products, consultancy, training and integration services to allied security, defence, and law enforcement agencies.
Working at Trenchant means working alongside the best security researchers and product engineers from across the security research and intelligence communities. You will be engaged on the most challenging problems in the toughest environments and delivering solutions at the cutting edge of cyber security research.
The Senior Security Specialist’s role is to engineer, design, execute, assess, and troubleshoot software programs and applications. This includes configuring, coding, developing, and documenting software specifications throughout the project life cycle. Development ranges from embedded systems to large scale distributed systems.
We are a small team that achieves world-changing results, and is driven to provide unparalleled cyber capability by utilising technical prowess, innovation and our commitment to a noble mission.
- Strategy & Planning
- Collaborate with analysts and designers in the development and initiation of new software programs and applications.
- Oversee the quality assurance of program logic, data processing, and error resolution.
- Take an active role in cross-team projects when needed.
- Interact regularly with managers, clients, vendors, and agencies to field queries and questions.
- Operational Management
- Research, document, and implement program requirements and specifications.
- Write, translate, and code software programs and applications according to specifications.
- Run and monitor performance tests on new and existing software.
- Cultivate and disseminate knowledge of system, security, and application development best practices.
- Liaise with network administrators, systems analysts, programmers, and other software engineers to resolve any defects in products or company systems.
- Train, manage and provide guidance to junior software development staff.
Skills and Experience
- Formal Education & Certification
- A University degree in Computer Science, Mathematics or Electrical Engineering or equivalent experience.
- Knowledge & Experience
- Excellent knowledge of C/C++.
- Experience in system level software development including operating system internals and principles such as: synchronization mechanisms, multithreaded programming, inter-process communication.
- Knowledge of reverse engineering and debugging at the user and kernel level.
- Knowledge of software vulnerability analysis and security related software functionality.
- Experience with Software Development Life Cycle and Quality Assurance process in a production software development environment.
- Experience in using source control systems.
- Knowledge of the following protocols and technologies: TCP/IP, File systems, Network File Systems.
- Knowledge of virtualisation technologies.
- Personal Attributes
- Ability to effectively prioritise and execute tasks in a fast-paced start-up environment is crucial.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Highly self-motivated and directed with a keen attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to meet milestones and deliver production software products
- Excellent team player.
- Customer service skills an asset.
- Industry matched compensation.
- Flexible working arrangements including the ability to purchase and sell leave.
- Parental leave entitlements including adoption leave.
- Access to life and salary continuation insurance.
- Corporate discounts from health insurance providers.
- Ongoing education through online providers, training courses and conferences.
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) to assist with mental wellbeing.
- A rewards gateway program for cash back and discounts from a range of retailers.
- Novated car leasing.
Candidates may be required to obtain and maintain an Australian Government security clearance as a condition of their employment.
Candidates will only be considered for a position at L3Harris Technologies if they are eligible to hold a security clearance. Candidates must be an Australian citizen and have a checkable background of at least 10 years to meet these requirements. A current NV1 security clearance is highly desirable.