Sr Spec, Integ/Test Engrg
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $17 billion in annual revenue, 50,000 employees and customers in more than 130 countries. L3Harris.com
Job Title –Sr. Specialist-Integration/Test Engineering
Job Location –Sunrise, FL
Job ID –SAS20201001-38844
Job Description: L3Harris Corporation is seeking a Senior Specialist, Systems Integration & Test Engineer for the Palm Bay, FL location. This is an opportunity to take on unique challenges, expand your skills and experience, and contribute to mission critical systems solutions that help protect the U.S.A. and our allies. You will join a great team of talented professionals who take a collaborative approach and enjoy working together.
- Design, develop, and implement integration plans and implementation procedures for hardware, software and facilities.
- Develop and clearly write detailed test plans, test procedures, and test result documents.
- Assess system performance against stated requirements.
- Execute/support system test, acceptance, verification, and validation activities of hardware, devices, and or capabilities.
- Identifies, documents, tracks and evaluates test problem reports and test anomalies.
- Troubleshooting of network systems, SATCOM systems, fiber optic media converter systems, RF systems, and Modems.
- Develops, selects, tailors and deploys test processes, tools and metrics.
- Responsible for the physical and electrical compatibility for functional interfaces and first article product integration, ensuring seamless interface between the design and production of systems.
- Responsible for product design and integration of OEM or COTS based electromechanical systems, including creation of drawings, installation and transition plans.
- Steward of the change management processes in validating system configuration (e.g. drawing trees, parts Lists) during both the pre and post integration phases.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and present technical material to project leadership and customer counterparts
- Performed assigned duties with general oversight
- May manage large projects or processes that are both inside and outside of immediate job area
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical, Mechanical, Computer, Software or Systems Engineering (or similar technical discipline)
- 6+ years of related experience (or 4+ years with a Masters degree)
- 6+ years of Communication Systems experience
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with other disciplines (Digital, RF, Mechanical, Software, Systems Engineering, Manufacturing, etc.)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to obtain DOD Secret Security Clearance
- Candidate must be a US Citizen and not hold citizenship in any other country
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Interim or active DOD Secret Security Clearance
- Experience with C4I technology products or other government/DoD contracts
- Highly motivated, a self-starter, and be able to operate with little supervision
- Able to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization through work in a strong collaborative environment
- Knowledge and experience in SATCOM, Antenna control units, Up/Down converters, and HPAs.
- Familiarization with Fiber Optics system such as Media converters, F/O cabling, cleaning, handling, testing, terminations.
- Knowledge and experience in network systems, servers Unix, Linux, network switches, Link protect switches, TCP/IP protocol systems and trouble shooting
- Experience with A/B switches for Serial protocols such as, RS232, RS422
- Environmental testing experience such as Temperature, Humidity, Altitude, Vibration, and Environmental stress screening.
- Proficient in deploying, integrating and testing battle management systems.
- Proficient in developing test scripts to automate test systems and procedures.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- 10% or less travel may be required
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.