Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Lead, Software Engineer - Cloud High Performance Computing (HPC) NOAA OMS NCCF
Suitland-Silver Hill, MarylandJob ID SAS20220401-74683
On the L3Harris team, your job is to secure the world. We don’t work here just for the advanced technology and equipment: We work here because we know what – and who – we’re protecting. From families to the intelligence community, and from our climate to our men and women in uniform – we’re making the world a safer place. Working with the L3Harris's engineering team, you'll join our team of qualified, diverse individuals and work in a fast-paced environment with high expectations, global scope, and a collaborative team setting.
What makes a successful Systems Engineer at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Problem Solver
Flexible work schedule, paid overtime, cool technology, no micromanagement, nice campus, fun co-workersSystems Engineer
L3Harris Work Perks
- Medical with a High Deductible and traditional PPO plan options, as well as, vision and a full array of supplemental health benefits
- A doctors' service to help with referrals and second opinions for you, your family, and parents
- 4 weeks of paid parental leave for moms and dads
- Fertility treatment
- Subsidized backup childcare and eldercare
- Adoption assistance - $5,000 per adoption/$15,000 per employee
- Pet insurance
- No cap to your PTO time (for exempt employees)
- Dress for your day - wear what works for you at work
- Legal plan for you, your family, and parents
- Discount platform
- 9/80 work schedule available for most U.S. employees, effective October 24, 2022.
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 47,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Lead, Software Engineer - Cloud High Performance Computing (HPC) NOAA OMS NCCF
Job Code: SAS20220401-74683
Job Location: Suitland, MD
Experienced software engineer to assist in the sustainment and modernization of f NOAA ground systems on an existing cloud infrastructure for a new NOAA/NESDIS contract award. The project requires on-site support at a NOAA facility located in Suitland, MD. The position requires prior experience responding to break fixes to support cloud operations. The position will function as a part of a cloud sustainment team to complete approved sustainment tasks in compliance with system engineering, sustainment and quality plans meeting operational availability. The position contributes in the development of programming solutions, software system test procedures, training and documentation updates. The cloud services include, but are not limited to: Data Ingest, Product Generation (PG), Product Distribution (PD), data storage, and data stewardship.
This position will work with scientists to design and integrate HPC pipelines in an HPC framework.
Provide support to scientists in optimizing the algorithm pipelines’ performance (e.g. scalability, running time). Provide algorithm profiling, performance tuning, scalability analysis. Lead the operations and management of an HPC cluster framework that operates in the AWS Cloud.
- Function as a part of a cloud sustainment team to complete approved sustainment tasks in compliance with system engineering, sustainment and quality plans meeting operational availability.
- Contribute in the development of programming solutions, software system test procedures, training and documentation updates.
- Work with scientists to design and integrate HPC pipelines in an HPC framework.
- Design and implement automated and manual testing for systems and supporting operations.
- Provide support to scientists in optimizing the algorithm pipelines’ performance (e.g. scalability, running time).
- Provide algorithm profiling, performance tuning, scalability analysis.
- Coordinate engineering and product teams to design moderately complex, automated test methodologies.
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering and minimum 9 years of prior relevant experience, OR, Graduate Degree in engineering and a minimum of 7 years of prior related experience.
- Prior experience responding to break fixes to support cloud operations.
- Experience supporting and modernizing existing HPC cloud solutions.
- Experience defining comprehensive software test approaches in a complex integration environment.
- Experience in software development with at least one of these languages: Python, Java, C++, BASH, shell scripting.
- Active Public Trust security clearance.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Experience supporting NOAAs NESDIS Common Cloud Framework initiative (NCCF).
- Experience in Scaled Agile for Enterprise (SAFe) scrums, sprints, ceremonies, backlogs, and dashboards.
- Linux experience.
- Experience with NIST 800-53 security controls.
- Experience maintaining software baselines using GIT and Jira.
- Experience with CMMI Level 3 software development processes.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.